Can you identify this factory?

-
can that be a remanufactured engine stamp? Looks nothing like the OEM featherlight stampings I have seen. not even close.

Here is a video shot tonight of it running. I just got it on the test stand.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uK_1hJcrbs&feature=em-upload_owner"]1978 360 First Run - YouTube[/ame]

cammed or just 12" of exhaust? look at lifters. I bought a 360 out of a 86 truck and 2 lifters were apart, guts laying in the valley.

Both good points. I bought this motor for $50 for the peripherals only. I put it on the stand just to see if it would run. I am puzzled by the stampings on the side of it. I can't find any reference to these symbols.

Looks like it might be a metal tag that is glued on

I've seen similar on remanufactured engines , like jasper

After a little internet snooping, the casting numbers show it's probably a late 70's/early 80's short block. Regardless of it's actual origin, and after listening to the test run, i think you picked up a solid engine. And for $50 bucks.....how many of us wouldn't like to get that deal. :D

Looks like it might be a metal tag that is glued on

I've seen similar on remanufactured engines , like jasper

Thats what it is if you look close you can see the factory stamping above and under it. Without it being cleaned I can make out 17 so far.

Great advice from all. I will see if I can gently remove the tag since it is nonsensical. I will just keep it to stump my buddies that know everything.

Thank you.

-
Back