Can you identify this hurst shifter?

-

srunge55

Reaction score
I was told this shifter was from a dart. I'm not so sure. Never seen one like this. Can anyone ID this and tell me what it came out of? Is it even a Mopar shifter?

Thanks,

Steve

DSCN0362.jpg

DSCN0363.jpg

DSCN0361.jpg

Look on the longest arm. There should be a 4 digit number. 6353 is an A body shifter.

I can't find any numbers on the reverse lever. Anyone else know what this is from?

Here are the lever rods pics. They don't look right for an A body to me. I thought the reverse lever when down under the transmission crossmember on an A body 4 speed.

Steve

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

It looks like it's from a GM product. The double ended transmission shifter arm, not the rod, on the reverse rod is used for an additional rod went up to the steering column. It would force you to put the car into reverse which would lock the steering wheel so you could get the key out.

a shifter is a shifter,,, its the linkage that makes it fit your car,,,handle looks like camaro,,,

Check shifter body,should have a part # and an M designation on it for Mopar

the shifter it self will fit any transmission that is side shifted,you need the correct shifter to trany bracket,,and mopar A body linkage for use in A DART,,

and you will probably need a different handle,,the curveature of the camaro arm ,may not fit your seating and shifting likes

-
Back