Can you stroke a 5.2 / 5.9 , and keep it EFI ????

-

ValerianMagnum

the little car that could
Reaction score
ive seen comments on internet , some said that they did and some dont , but i never had nothing concrete , trying to get some advices here .. ive seen guys swapping their magnum heads for aluminium ones , and reground camshaft too ? , but how can this set up run good if its fuel injected and as is limits with the oem ECU/ pcm .

thx a lot ,

You just reprogram the ecu. And yes it came be done.

Over on the Dodge truck forums the guys running strokers get SCT tuners from Hemifever. He can make a custom tunes for specific builds.

You can always put a different ECU in it like Megasquirt or Holley (or others)

Check out the truck forums, Dakotart.com is a good one. I run around with 3 Dakota guys and all 3 run 408 strokers on the stock ecu (SCT tuned by FlyinRyan).

It's all about the ECU. Get a reprogrammer or a Megasquirt. My brother is going to stroke his 5.7 Hemi and I know he is staying with injection.

It's all about the ECU. Get a reprogrammer or a Megasquirt. My brother is going to stroke his 5.7 Hemi and I know he is staying with injection.

mega squirt is alot of re-wiring for nothing, 1996+ computers (OBDII) can be flashed and reprogrammed so easy now

mega squirt is alot of re-wiring for nothing, 1996+ computers (OBDII) can be flashed and reprogrammed so easy now

How 'about some details on this, as you seem to know?

Last I knew it was a nightmare and expensive.

i know that mopar few years ago were selling hi-perf (ecu) computers , but as long as realibity , its my first concern.

When i drove my Durango R/T 5.9 , i dreamed of having this engine and tranny in one of my cars, but thats were im lost .. not familliar to these swaps , and no one around me as infos too .

When i drove my Durango R/T 5.9 , i dreamed of having this engine and tranny in one of my cars, but thats were im lost .. not familliar to these swaps , and no one around me as infos too .

Go read some of the builds over at Dakotart.com
There is tons of info on what mods people have done and the performance gains they get from it.
Like forced induction, stroking the motor out, or simply doin a cam swap
All that is needed is a reflash of the stock ecu of what ever you pirate the ecu set up out of.

I personally would love love to do a magnum 360 roller swap into my Swinger. Using a stock ECU set up out of a Dakota or something and adapting it to make it work with my set up.

*crickets* as usual. He loves to crap talk naysay though.

you really are an idiot aren't you? everytime I post you have something to say about it, Yes you can get performance computers (streetperformance.com) jet performance also sells add on module controllers for OBD II magnum engines

you can also get MP engine controllers for 1992-1996 from streetperformance

SCT Tuners can also rewrite the perimeters for fuel trim and spark advance

so next time you think that I'm talking out of my A$$ just do us all a favour and skip my post insted of trying to find ways to call me a bull$hitter you ignorant prick!

military-humor-funny-mp3-mp4-mp5-escalate-quickly.jpg

*crickets* as usual. He loves to crap talk naysay though.

you really are an idiot aren't you? everytime I post you have something to say about it, Yes you can get performance computers (streetperformance.com) jet performance also sells add on module controllers for OBD II magnum engines

you can also get MP engine controllers for 1992-1996 from streetperformance

SCT Tuners can also rewrite the perimeters for fuel trim and spark advance

so next time you think that I'm talking out of my A$$ just do us all a favour and skip my post insted of trying to find ways to call me a bull$hitter you ignorant prick!

I hate to jump in the middle of others issues but I needed to point this out because I noticed this in another thread awhile ago. Poison, your so quick to harp on "66ply" but you didn't offer up anything to help the OP. If your going to harp at someone else, at least have something positive to add to the original conversation.

Now to the OP, here is a link to a place that reprograms FACTORY ECU's to whatever liking you want. You tell them what you have for an end product after all your upgrades and they will program your original ECU to run that setup. You may want to call them and tell them your intentions so they can inform you of any upgrades needed to be made to injectors, throttle body, etc. Remember everything needs to work in harmony!

Kinda redneck, but: I'd bet that if you use a stock 5.9 ECM, you'd be right in the ballpark on a 408 (.030" over block with 4" crank) if you bumped fuel pressure 10%.

Kinda redneck, but: I'd bet that if you use a stock 5.9 ECM, you'd be right in the ballpark on a 408 (.030" over block with 4" crank) if you bumped fuel pressure 10%.

5.9 computer would run a warmed up 5.2 but you would still need some computer upgrades, 5.9 would definatly need it

Why? You're feeding 13% more engine, so you bump the fuel pressure 13%. That covers you for cold-start and WOT...in closed-loop, the ECM tunes on the fly with the O2 sensors.

Why? You're feeding 13% more engine, so you bump the fuel pressure 13%. That covers you for cold-start and WOT...in closed-loop, the ECM tunes on the fly with the O2 sensors.

mopar ECU's before 1996 don't tune very much unlike GM, you can MP computers that do alot more then factory though

-
Back