Canadian Bro's

-

Sparky

Reaction score
Just want to wish the very best of the season to all the other Canucks out there. Be safe and have a great new year.

Is it just me, or has Canada Post started charging more lately, to ship to the US? And on that note, I find I'm getting dinged for duty more often than before. Let's not even mention UPS and their absolutely rip off scam they call "brokerage fees".

Lately I find myself looking for parts more and more in Canada. In fact, next week I'm going to see a guy near Montreal with 100 cars that he says he's crushing next spring. I know he's a Mopar guy, but not sure how many Mopars he's got there.

It's just always the same old same old when buying parts on ebay or specifically from the US........overcharge on shipping, get dinged with duty, lousy wrapping so things show up damaged.

Am I the only one?

The border dings us pretty good, but so far, everyone I've dealt with in the States has been quite fair. I had one guy refuse to deal with me because I'm a Canadian, but the rest have been cool. Like they say,"Mopar fans have no borders"

Can't say I have had any real difficulties bringing things in from the US except for some damaged tail lights for the fish. They were packed well, must have parked a forklift on the box or something. I usually go down and pick items up at a buddies mail box, we are only about a half hour from Washington. It sure would be nice to have te same access to parts as our pals to the south. We could eliminate all that Gonkulating for money and duty. Living in a small community I don't have the option of looking at the quality of things, pretty much have go by the description or pictures on the net. Here is a thought, does anyone have a list of links for Canadian Mopar parts suppliers? I require frame rail caps for my Dart, I wonder if they are available in Canada?l

Most parts are available Sparky. We just need a way to find them. How about you and I set up a directory. Out here in Ontario, we have several local sources, and others who frequent the shows. Auto rust tech comes to Moparfest with a booth, and they always bring frame caps. They will ship direct to you. Laysons come up also, but I find their prices a little steep. Nigel at National moparts is reasonable, just have to keep at him to hurry the parts along.

Sounds like a good idea. I will try to find some time this week to search the net for western Canadian sources. I'm sure the Calgary boys will have some.

All the best to you Sparky and the rest of the Maple Leaf crew.
I havn't had a problem having parts shipped up from the U.S. I just make sure the sender sends it USPS and packs it well. If you have it sent USPS the brokerage fees are only 5 bucks.

Jack

I've dealt with National Moparts too, I think they're a little pricey but have the goods!

This guy, Sylvain - www.71sg.com (ebay id: cuda71_sg) is located in Saint-Guillaume which is about 1 hour away from Montreal. I just visited him the other day.

It's a 100+ Mopar only yard that he inherited. He also does restorations. He has a few Dusters/Demons with blue and black interiors, at least one 2nd Gen Barracuda with complete blue interior, a '63 Valiant 4-door with complete red interior, some Darts/Valiants and other stuff. Lots of E-bodies and B-bodies. In the spring he's stripping all the cars and crushing them, then will be just selling on ebay. He doesn't seem to care too much about the A-body stuff, so get him before he crushes the stuff.

I also encourage people to post in the Swap Shop on my local clubs website http://www.capitalmopars.com

Let's start a list!

Canadian Mopar Parts

National Moparts - http://www.nationalmoparts.com
Roblin's - http://www.roblins.net
Sylvain Gaucher - http://www.71sg.com
Big List of Canadian Yards - http://my.execpc.com/~vidsal/can.htm

Just Wanted To Say Hello To Our Northen Neibors, & To Let You Know That One Of Your Fellow Canadians Just Purchased My 1976 "spirit Of 76" Dart Sport. He Flew In To Tulsa, Oklahoma & Is Driving It Back! You Guys & Gals Up There Are Hard Core Mopar People!

It's cold and snowing lightly here in the Capital. No vintage muscle on the streets except the local guy with a 1974 Scamp that's rusty and his daily driver all year round. Oh ya, there's a Chevy guy with a '69 442 that was a rust bucket and now has tubular frame and rebuilt body and lots of grease/oilspray...he drives that around too. Spring can't come soon enough!

Sat. it was 5 degrees, sunny, snow all melted in the driveway, had spring fever! Yesterday, got 39 cm's of snow!! So much for spring fever!!

Hey Swinger69, where are you in the Bay? I grew up on Regina street, left there in 1979 when I was about 19 to come to BC to work for a year, man that was a long time ago. I was back a few years ago for a wedding and to visit some old friends, its a great city, just don't miss those winters!!

-
Back