Canadian Wildfire smoke

-

lemondana

BlackDart
Reaction score
Anyone fill me on with what's going on with the Canadian smoke? I'm down here in southern Nebraska, and the smoky haze is pretty nasty. I can even smell it in the house. I haven't kept up with the news.

I haven't heard any more about it. I thought it was all under control.

And the climate change zealots are worried about car exhaust gases......

Decades of budget cuts plus the stopping of the spring/summer controlled burns. Then the cancellation of the Martin Mars Bomber contracts. Some of us believe they want it to burn to force us out of the rural areas and into the 15 minute cities

That's gonna suck.

It’s not uncommon, especially in the type of forests in the Northern latitudes.

Zombie Fires Are a Strange, Rare Phenomenon That Is Threatening the Environment

But yeah, until winter shows up the smoke will continue, just going wherever the wind takes it. There’s just too much acreage that’s too remote and not nearly enough resources to do much about it.

The media down here only covers it when it comes our way, but the fires and the smoke have been going the whole summer.

And the climate change zealots are worried about car exhaust gases......

Actually they’re worried about all of it, because it all goes to the same place. It’s also not all the same chemical makeup, which actually makes a difference too.

Which is why it’s completely moronic to say things like “oh but the wildfires” or “oh but the volcanoes” or whatever when you’re making excuses for human caused pollution. More is more, it all adds up, and it’s not all the same.

Decades of budget cuts plus the stopping of the spring/summer controlled burns. Then the cancellation of the Martin Mars Bomber contracts. Some of us believe they want it to burn to force us out of the rural areas and into the 15 minute cities

Oh please. Most of those fires are in very remote areas that have never been managed as you say. And a couple of water bombers aren’t going to stop 25 million acres of wildfire. Air tankers are a very helpful tool under the right circumstances, but they’re not magic.

If anyone wants some real information, this is a good article that covers a wide range of topics

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/21/1188618934/canada-wildfires-answers

And in 50 yrs time when there are no more coal fired power stations, all the cars are electric....& the temp keeps rising......what will 'they' blame then???

And in 50 yrs time when there are no more coal fired power stations, all the cars are electric....& the temp keeps rising......what will 'they' blame then???
They are already blaming farming/meat production. Cricket protein is what the leftist powers want in yer future.

O
It’s not uncommon, especially in the type of forests in the Northern latitudes.

Zombie Fires Are a Strange, Rare Phenomenon That Is Threatening the Environment

But yeah, until winter shows up the smoke will continue, just going wherever the wind takes it. There’s just too much acreage that’s too remote and not nearly enough resources to do much about it.

The media down here only covers it when it comes our way, but the fires and the smoke have been going the whole summer.

Actually they’re worried about all of it, because it all goes to the same place. It’s also not all the same chemical makeup, which actually makes a difference too.

Which is why it’s completely moronic to say things like “oh but the wildfires” or “oh but the volcanoes” or whatever when you’re making excuses for human caused pollution. More is more, it all adds up, and it’s not all the same.

Oh please. Most of those fires are in very remote areas that have never been managed as you say. And a couple of water bombers aren’t going to stop 25 million acres of wildfire. Air tankers are a very helpful tool under the right circumstances, but they’re not magic.

If anyone wants some real information, this is a good article that covers a wide range of topics

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/21/1188618934/canada-wildfires-answers

The fire in Osoyoos and the one that jumped the lake at Kelowna were not remote at all. 2 years ago the fires took out the town of Lytton BC, Again not remote at all. The fires at Fort St John we’re close enough to the city to be a real concern, I work up here.

Absolutely brutal, with todays "predictions" and hitech communication etc, this shouldnt be happening.
Maui, Yellowknife, Cali, BC,etc etc

We had about 10 days of haze and smoke in NY from the fires this summer. It was difficult to be outside for any length of time. Thought you Canadians were friendly people ?? :lol:..not like us crazies. :soapbox::mob::mad::wtf:

They need to figure something out soon. Whatever they’ve been doing the last decade plus here where I live, has been complete mismanagement at all levels.

Here in the hanging down part of SoDak .. we have had it bad a few days , suppose 5-6 for sure Sunday was awful again had a cold front blow in so today not so bad , makes yah cough , its really unhealthy I think I smoked 2-3 packs of Canadian air on Sunday

I am an out of the box thinker.

Spending money to fight a forest fire is counter productive.
The earth has a natural way to heal itself. The smoke from the fires are creating a haze which blocks out the sun which in turn cools the earth. Odd part is that it is a natural occurrence. What did the cavemen do about forest fires?

We as a species are trying to control mother nature who is trying to replenish itself. Some seeds need the heat of a fire to rejuvenate and grow. The problem is insurance companies dictating their financial dollars and screaming to stop the fire.

How many tax dollars go to fight these fires? Which is creating worse pollution than a little bit of smoke.

Volcanoes emit ash which also blocks sun. There is probably more than i will ever know that helps cool the earth naturally.

-
Back