Cannonball Run MOPAR STYLE!! (or at least to get one)

-
We are going to Aurora Colorado. Sorry cant say anymore than that:-\" All I can say is it is a Mopar! Jaws we may be able to do a meet n greet...a mopar "quickie" looks like you are pretty close!
Pm me your contact info. Thanks everyone, now I am even more nervous with this weather stuff! Looks like we will have to add chains to the list.

STeve
Man don't sweat the drive! As Canadians we are used to driving in bad weather. Just enjoy the trip. Wish I was going on a cross border roadtrip. Its always exciting going places that you've never been before. Everytime we cross the border, the Americans treat us so well, especially when they find out that we are from Canada. Have fun and take lots of pictures!!

Steve and his dad and uncle got out of here about 3:00 MST yesterday afternoon. There is some wheather moving in and I've heard the interstate is closed for a good portion of Colorado this morning. They left in plenty of time to beat it so I'm thinking they're doing well and somewhere in the midwest by now. Chicago-ish

All will be revealed soon I'm sure! :thumleft:

Thanks for the pics Dave, I'm hoping you sent these to Steve also. That is a good under the hood shot and it will be helpfull for his dad when he puts the engine compartment back together.

Well, we are back, 1st off everyone including dads new mopar is safe and sound!! Well maybe not sound, but safe. 5200km's in 4 days!! 1, yes only 1 nite in a hotel!! The rest of the trip was spent putting the engine in as well as driving!! We got to Jim/Nancys around 10 pm that night, so we took a look at the car and then were off to a hotel for the night. Both Jim and Nancy generously offered to put us up for the night, but we had to graciously decline...3 guys in a truck for 36 hours??? It wouldnt be right to do that to them. The air freshener wore out within the first 6 hours. 1st pic is of the gift Jim gave me(hope they were new), that I had to wear and take a pic of...I dunno "Jaws"/Dave said its some kinda Colorado ritual...seems weird to us Canadidaians(as Dave would say) Anyhow the spotted undies are pretty cool and there is even a pocket in the back....for a cell phone maybe??? Or for the "Horny Goat Weed" they sell in the Colorado rest rooms???

2nd pic, I thought it fitting that I put my fabo "A body muscle" shirt on...sorry I almost feel like I shamed it....

3rd pic is of Jim and Dad(George) after dropping the engine in and getting it loaded on to the trailer that Mike "2Darts" graciously lent to us.

4th pic is of me in the middle(dont ask why...its a Colorado thing), Jim/ "JimsDuster" is on my right and Dave"Jaws" is on my left.

5th and 6th pics are ones I took at a gas station on the way home.

7th pic is of me having a moment with my new friend at the "Sinclair" gas station in Colorado on the way.

The rest of the pics are ones that Jim had taken to show me the condition of the car. Jim was more than honest and was extremely gracious as well as fair as to his price. The car is beautiful and dad is beyond happy with his new purchase!! Obviously I am very happy that dad now owns a beautiful 67 "S" cuda, but am extremely grateful to Jim for helping me find a beautiful car for my dad. Thanks to Dave for helping with the duct-tape "issues" and for helping load the car. Also a big thanks to Mike "2Darts" for lending us the trailer, the generousity and integrity of the people on fabo are simply amazing!! My dad is not a thru and thru Mopar guy, he is a car guy, but now that he owns a Mopar, I can now hopefully help share my knowledge with him and help him finish this car. I think this is the best part of all. Thanks again everyone! Time for me to go get some shut-eye!!

Ps Scott you wanted a "trunk" shot?? Was that of the car??

Attachments

• DSCF6147 (Medium).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 112
  • DSCF6160 (Medium).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF6163 (Medium).jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 135
  • DSCF6165 (Medium).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCF6167 (Medium).jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF6169 (Medium).jpg
    78 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCF6142 (Medium).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 120
  • painted trunk (Medium).jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1340 (Medium).JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 105 (Medium).JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 119
I think some of those pictures might end up in the blue forum...lol
You'll have to start a new tread now, if I have to look at those trunk pictures everytime I want an update...I'm taking you off the list buddy...lol
Congrats to Dad, very nice car!

Good job my friend! I must say.. quite the fancy undies!!lol.. You animal you!! lol..Cuda looks great!! After a couple days of sleep you can post more pic's!!

I'm with 2Darts, edit your post and loose the trunk shots :shaking2: Not sure I can handle much of that.

I'm glad that your trip was safe and that your dad is happy with the car. I can't say that I enjoyed loading the car knowing I would likely never see it again but it was a pleasure meeting you guys and hanging out for a few hours.

I expect to see lots of pics of it here on FABO as time passes!

Hey Jim, I can see why you would be upset about seeing the car leave, and I can tell how meticulous you and your brother were with the car. Believe me when I say that dad will baby this car every day, he cant wait to get started on it! I am going to start a thread on this car and I am also going to try to show dad how to work the computer and get signed up on here. Either way there will be a thread started very soon!!
Oh ya, we met another member "bilsevens" who bought my "S" tail panel and some interior pieces for his race car. Met Bill near Joliet Illinois, worked out perfectly as it was right on the way to Colorado. Bill has a 69 twin turbo'd kick *** cuda!! Nice to see some of my parts going on it LOL

-
Back