Can't believe i came across it

-

Jeremiah David

Reaction score
While in my local junk yard the other day I can't believe I came across a rear view mirror for my car. Picked up for $20, and now I have a reason to get a new windshield. Sorry if this isn't to exciting for you all, but I was happy to actually find one for a good price.

IMG_20170903_152407.jpg

Now I need to figure out the windshield wipers. The motor turns, but the wipers don't move. I'm trying to find the linkage that connects the two I think.

I always like a good junk yard score. Most of the people I hang out with can't imagine ever going through junk yards, but my best friend and I usually spend almost all of our time in them when we're together.

I always like a good junk yard score. Most of the people I hang out with can't imagine ever going through junk yards, but my best friend and I usually spend almost all of our time in them when we're together.

I walked around the junk yard for almost two hours. I spent most my time just taking a trip back in time admiring the cars, imagining what it must have been like when they were brand new and all over the road.

Liberty u pull has a STRAIGHT '67 Rambler Rebel with a clean title sold complete for $850.
The grille was PERFECT

Liberty u pull has a STRAIGHT '67 Rambler Rebel with a clean title sold complete for $850.
The grille was PERFECT
It keeps getting harder to find 40-50 year old cars. $10.00 and a six pack of beer for the yard owner are long
gone. Hanging out at the gas station kept the youth of yesteryear out of trouble. Those were the good old days,
you can't hang out at the AM/PM.

While in my local junk yard the other day I can't believe I came across a rear view mirror for my car. Picked up for $20, and now I have a reason to get a new windshield. Sorry if this isn't to exciting for you all, but I was happy to actually find one for a good price.

View attachment 1715088797

Now I need to figure out the windshield wipers. The motor turns, but the wipers don't move. I'm trying to find the linkage that connects the two I think.
Check under the dash, might just be a clip came off of the linkage. Where in Colorado are you?

I also got lucky on LetGo. Got a set of Cragar slotted mags, 14x6 front and 14x8.5, with tires for $60. While it's not what I want it will hold me over until I get what I want.

-
Back