Can't Find P185/80R13 Tires Anywhere..

-

crashcaptn

1965 Dodge Dart GT
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals

I can't find P185/80R13 tires anywhere for sale.. what have you all used for your stock 13 inch rims? Is there another size combo that exists that's easier to find?

thanks!

What do other people do with their 13 inch rims?[/QUOTE said:
...swap with 15's, or 14's. if you just want steelies, i'm sure you can find them on here for next to nothing. first thing most guys with SBP and a /6 do is swap the wheels to larger, and/or to BBP.

...swap with 15's, or 14's. if you just want steelies, i'm sure you can find them on here for next to nothing. first thing most guys with SBP and a /6 do is swap the wheels to larger, and/or to BBP.

absolutely the plan for the future. now cause of money and such, i want to use this set up for a bit. body and rims were just painted anyway. Someday soon will be cragars with wilwood discs and BBP.. but thats after i finish my top end rebuild

An 80 series tire? What is it going on?
Can you put a 70 or 75 series on, might be easier to find.
C

I'd go with 175/80s before I went with 185/70s. Those 70 series tires are an inch and a half shorter than the 80s, and when I had them on my Dart, they not only looked goofy, but the engine seemed to be screaming on the highway (and I'm used to driving old cars on the highway).

I'd look on Craigslist for some 14" with tires on them already. I would think a set would run you $100-$150 or less.

alright - all i can find is this:

https://www.lucasclassictires.com/175-80R13-Milestar-1-2-Whitewall-1758013mile.htm

BUT they're p175/80R13's.. I think it'll work. That and those ones from JEGS but damn.. quite the difference.

Well working backwards through the numbers because I have a 64 Valiant and was wondering about upgrading myself.... I believe the original tires were most likely 6.50 x 13. That translates to a 165 mm cross section . So the 175 is actually a larger tire than original!

I'm pretty sure the original aspect ratio was .80 so that gave me an O.D. of 23.4". (6.50 X .80 X 2 =10.4". Add 13" to that and I come up with an original O.D. of 23.4") A 175/70 x 13 tire has an O.D. about 22.7". That is less than the original O.D. and I agree that it just wouldn't look right.

I came up with a match for the original O.D. 195/55 x15 O:) If I go with 14" Rallyes I'm thinking 185/65 X 14 with an O.D. of 23.5". But that's just me thinking out loud.

I may be wrong but I may be right. The pictures are of the tire that was in my trunk.

Attachments

• P1170544.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 193
  • P1170545.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 174
My 90 Geo Prism had 13 inch wheels too. There's just enough of them still in use that finding decent used tires at the pic and pull was only luck. 14 inch wheels may be your best option.

Hey all

I wanted to make sure to complete this thread. I ended up finding that a local tire shop here could special order them. They were awfully confused why i'd want 13 inch rims.. which I can easily understand. However, they're available for special order. I have a set of old school cragar rims (5x4) that i'll restore and place tires on soon - but other things first (new seat covers, finish my top end rebuild). Here's some pictures.

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

-
Back