Can't get these emblems off ... help please!

-

AussiePlymouths

Reaction score
1963 Signet. I know this sounds weird but I can't remove the "Signet 200" emblems from the inner upper door panel on my car. I want to respray the upper door panels, rear inner quarter panels, and dashboard. I have most of it ready but when I took off the door cards and went to take the door emblems off, i couldn't remove them. On the back they have this weird round fitting. I am used to a speed nut or self screwing nut , I've never seen these before. Has anyone removed theirs? If so can you help please???? Desperate for a tip or two.
Gary:???:

If anything like the US cars they just push into 2 holes on the door. Use a small screwdriver and they will pop right off.

If it is a metal barrel nut it will likely destroy a plastic pin. They can break pot metal pins too. You can use a small diagonal pliers to cut the barrel nut off the pin ( replace with new ones ofcourse ).

Thank you for your quick replies! It is a US car ('63 Signet convert) still LHD. I haven't seen this type of emblem on our cars in Australia. I will take a pic tomorrow from inside the door if I can and try to post it. I just can't get my head inside the door (my wife always says I have a big head) enough to see the clips clearly. I tried a flat blade under the emblem but I don't want to force it too much - it ain't givin easily!

OK - worked it out. Chryslerfat had it BUT ... some fool who replaced them after the last paint job GLUED them on the the door panel too! Yes, they put glue on the back and then pushed them into place. Bldy good glue 'cause they aren't coming off in a hurry. Thanks to everyone for the advice.
PS they are different to the Aussie cars

-
Back