Cant hold idle after Rocker lash adjustment

-
set the lash on the intakes to .022 and the exhausts to .026 and she'll be fine it should sound like an old ibm typewriter :) hydraulic cams need preload whereas your solid lifter (mechanical cam) needs clearance (lash) hope this helps........Wagg's

i know every cam is diffferent but damn... .022/.026 is alot... i know slants ran .020 on the exhaust but anywhere between .012 and .020 is plenty...

no reason to just make them loose just becasue....

I do em one cylinder at a time...god bless the ones that can do it to the chart without gittin mixed up I set em once then reset em about once a year depending on how bad I beat on the beast and i beat on the beast !!!
This is essentially what I already posted EXCEPT the top section which talks about turning the crank every 180 THIS IS NOT CORRECT and on long duration cams WILL NOT put the cam on the backside for proper lash.

I do em one cylinder at a time...god bless the ones that can do it to the chart without gittin mixed up I set em once then reset em about once a year depending on how bad I beat on the beast and i beat on the beast !!!

Me too. I use the EOIC method I posted.

UPDATE.... after Readjusting rockers to .022, car runs and purrs beautifully!!! thanks again for all the info!!!

when your in there next time open the exhausts up a lil' bit more you will feel the diffrence on top end......
UPDATE.... after Readjusting rockers to .022, car runs and purrs beautifully!!! thanks again for all the info!!!

-
Back