car covers

-

dartman1965

Reaction score
Anyone here ever wash a car cover?Mine got blown of and got dragged through the mud and leaves.Im thinking large laundramat washer and a mild detergent? Its a fairly heavy waterproof cover.

I have washed mine several times at the laundromat in the biggest washer they had and had no damage at all. I also spun dry it but kept the temperature down and just spun it longer.

I have washed mine with soap and water, and a huge brush too. Sun being used to dry it up.

I've washed my here at the house a bunch of times. I have a large capacity washer though. I used a B-body cover on my A-body for the longest. It's bigger but still fit in the washer and dryer.

Instructions for mine say to cover the car and just hose the cover down. You can leave it on the car to dry also as it is breathable. Made fron the evolution fabric.

I agree wash it in a the biggest oversize washer that does not have an agitator.

I vacuum it before with a brush attachment. Easiest to do that on the car. Vacuuming is very helpful.

That's with thes thick California Car Cover technoclon material.

I don't think I would wash those Parts store under $60 covers. Just vacuum.

I wash mine, but it's not very heavy. I just hang it over the line to dry. As you stated, you will probably need to go to the laundromat to wash yours. Just keep the water cool and spin it dry a couple times. Good luck.

Wouldn't happen to have a swing set would you ? We've draped most everything else over ours for cleaning.

-
Back