car does not jack even?

-

scampy

Reaction score
HI when raising the rear of the car by the center pumpkin the car does not lift even,one side raises probablt 2" off the floor before the other side,car is 72 scamp with superstock springs is this "normal" with the ss springs?

I would say it is in the front of the car. maybe its not level, maybe a torsion bar or shock is weaker than the other , maybe the ride height in the front is off from side to side. pure speculation of course

I think that's pretty typical with any car. In order for it to raise evenly you would have to have the jack perfectly centered and consider weight distribution.

If I remeber correct both my 70 swinger and 72 cuda does the same thing.I beleive its in the location of the jack but also remember the engine is not centered in the car either.

All that and....SS springs sit higher on the RH (passenger side) to compensate for 'squat,' at launch if I am not mistaken

If I remeber correct both my 70 swinger and 72 cuda does the same thing.I beleive its in the location of the jack but also remember the engine is not centered in the car either.

ive never had one jack up evenly front or rear. but I never considered the offset weight of the engine, and weight of the steering box , good point :burnout:

..............and it doesn't take much change with the jack to tip it one way or another

I would say it is in the front of the car. maybe its not level, maybe a torsion bar or shock is weaker than the other , maybe the ride height in the front is off from side to side. pure speculation of course

YOu may have hit it,the front is pretty level but the left front torsion bar is turned up more that the right probably to compensate for the ss springs in the rear,it was just very odd looking to see the car jack this way it is very very noticable and never had one do it to that extreme before.

-
Back