Car Lift Question

-
I dunooo......looks like a good way to get an oil pan or a fender AFU

I know they cost money, but I've seen a few of those floor lifts like the tire stores use on Craigs here locally (Spokane area isn't all that large, either)

Or just look for a used heavy duty floor jack--they used to make some BIG'uns for trucks and so on

Another would be to look for the old hydraulic or air powered bumber jack on wheels that the service stations used to use

This type of thing:

HW93690.jpg

Those basically look like what they use on garage lifts. You can still only go as high as your jack stands go.

Those jack extenders look good but if you don't need to go to far up just save your money, I have used wood blocks before, they work good as long as you get it snug between your jack and car.

I'd say you're ok as long as you don't plan on being underneath the car with just the jack holding it up. My assumption is that your going to jack it up with the extenders and then put jack stands under the car to hold it up.

I'd say you're ok as long as you don't plan on being underneath the car with just the jack holding it up. My assumption is that your going to jack it up with the extenders and then put jack stands under the car to hold it up.

I hope everybody uses jackstands.... just like jerkyboy says and these others say... blocks of wood work ok but I feel they are too slippery and slide out especially if the car isn't in neutral one or the other has to give, { jack or car I mean }...... I think they are a good I dea I would try them

I use short pieces of 2X12 under the floor jack. Either way will require 2 jack cycles.

-
Back