Car problems I face as an immigrant

-

diymirage

HP@idle > hondaHP@redline
Reaction score
So for the last week or so, our family hauler has been making an odd clunking sound, but only on turns, and not consistently, though always coming from the rear
I jacked the car up (13 Mazda cx-9) and checked everything underneath, suspension, cv joints, brakes, wheelbearings, everything and couldn't find anything suspicious

Today the wife had to go shopping and I went to make sure the trunk area was nice and clean and there was the problem...my oldest boy had left his wooden shoes kicking around back there

Some things, you Americans just don't get to experience

992653-84c5c038b06d439b1796c738cf99f0ca.gif

Buy the kid a pair of 21st century shoes and ya won't have that problem anymore......

:poke:

nothing better then having your kids in wooden shoes
sometimes they wear em when we go shopping, they can be 7 aisles over and i can hear exactly where they are

It could be worse, instead of plowing snow in the winter, you could be stopping leaks! :poke:

IMG_20190427_192502.JPG

That crossed my mind also, but I didn't want to poke at you too much.:lol:

i dont mind, i can take it
plus, if you do some research on that particular story, you may find it strangely appropriate for our little forum

well, honesty requires i come clean
after i removed the wooden shoes, the noise didnt completely go away, and over the last few days its gotten worse again, specially when turning right

so, i called the dealership and asked them what it would cost me to have them replace both rear wheel bearings...only $1225.00

so guess what i got planned for this weekend?

Your gonna put more wooden shoes in the trunk! To muffle the other noise. Now your thinking like an American.

How much are wooden shoes. Do they shrink if they get wet

the last pair i bought was about @20.00 i believe, but those are the cheap american ones
the ones i wear (occasionally) are 31.99 (euros) but then you still got to get them here

and they dont shrink

got her all put back together (no test drive yet) but im confident all is well

steep learning curve though,the first side too me 3 hours, the other side only an hour and a half

how much do semi-metallic shoes cost?
They are considerably cheaper, because they are remans (old wooden shoes held together with wire, or strips of tin)

Last edited:
-
Back