car pulling to the right

-

65cudalover

Reaction score
What should I be looking for when car pulls to the right? I have been driving car for summer after new suspension, disc brake alignment and car now wanta to pull right. I let go of wheel and it wants to go. I am not sure what to look for first, although when on lift this weekend it seemed the brakes were sticky on right front until cooled off when spinning wheel? I see nothing out of place or loose. I am far from expert on front end geometry..

What should I be looking for when car pulls to the right? I have been driving car for summer after new suspension, disc brake alignment and car now wanta to pull right. I let go of wheel and it wants to go. I am not sure what to look for first, although when on lift this weekend it seemed the brakes were sticky on right front until cooled off when spinning wheel? I see nothing out of place or loose. I am far from expert on front end geometry..

You might still have some air in the brake lines! Make one round again, left front, right front, left rear and right rear.

brakes sticking when hot will definitely cause the car to pull. I would make sure the brakes are fixed correctly first before looking for other problems.

First thing to do is make sure the air pressure is the same. Assumin it is, if it's a right strong pull, try swappin the two front tires side to side. It may be a radial tire pull. They are pretty common. If it's a radial tire pull and you cross the tires, it will either go away or pull to the opposite side. If it either stops or pulls to the other side, then you know that it is the tire that WAS on the right. If they are fairly new, I would consider replacing it because sometimes a radial tire pull is a precursur to a tire separation. If it makes no difference, then you know you have an alignment problem. Lastly, if it is the brakes, a bad brake hose is likely the culprit. They break down on the inside over time and act like a check valve keeping pressure applied after the pedal is released. Those are all the things I would check first.

If you are referring to bleeding the brakes, you should start with the wheel farthest from the master cylinder and work in. For American LH drive - right rear, left rear, right front, left front. I don't believe brake bleeding will cure his problem though. Sounds more like a bad caliper or wheel cylinder.

It could easily be any of the things listed above, start with the cheapest, rotate the front tires and bleed the brakes. If you don't know when the front hoses were replaced, it wouldn't hurt to replace them now. I had a car pull to the left when the right caliper was leaking, and dripped brake fluid onto the rotor. Keep looking and you'll get it!

-
Back