Car running hot would it be a good idea to switch to HHR fan?

-
I've been reading up and it seems that 80% are running a clutch fan

Clutch fan is the ticket! That's where I basically left off on my cooling system. I was going to run a clutch but it only allows me shade under 1/2" clearance between the radiator and the clutch. That's way to close to that radiator for me so I'm stuck with a standard fan. Adam gave me the part number of a clutch that might work because it has a shorter shaft on the clutch but I have not got around to try and purchase one. The problem being is I'm running March pulleys (they're 1/4" thick aluminum) and I have a Griffen radiator (thicker than standard radiator). When you add that little bit up it means alot when trying to install a clutch fan.

If your having problems at speed try this....RR_Sweden gave me the info for front air chin spoiler..

His....

dart1.jpg

Mine...

IMG00426-20100709-2055.jpg

My setup as you can see there are flaps in my shroud. With the fans running all the time it cools down in traffic, down to 179.

fan006.jpg

My setup as you can see there are flaps in my shroud. With the fans running all the time it cools down in traffic, down to 179.

fan006.jpg
Give us guys some more info...what fans...what amp draw..what radiator...shroud you made or bought etc...thanks Eric

-
Back