Car shows are a joke!

-
Better than the d-bags that go down finance/buy a brand new car(Corvette, Challenger, Mustang, Viper , Camaro etc.) and drive it down to the local car show to put their pocket book on display.

To call them "d-bags" makes me think you are jealous that you can't afford one! Like I posted before everyone should have the right to bring there car to a show without being dumped on.

I have been going to shows for 30 years and you know, not once have I ever been forced to look at something that didn't interest me and I have never felt the need to say something derogatory about the the vehicles or there owners because they have something I am not interested in.

I don't mind "bought" cars, as I bought my Dart with the body repainted and the bumpers rechromed, I replaced a top cylinder, the carpet, the starter and had a shop replace the master cylinder. I am having a machine shop do the engine, and a body shop do the engine compartment, but when someone asks I will admit that someone else did the work, guess there is not any one group that bugs me at car shows, it is generally the attitude of the individual car owner that makes or brakes it for me.

The shows i attend allow all cars and years most seperate cars by years,modfied,stock,orig, ect. I have noticed that most don't have an under construction or diamond in the rough class like they used to years ago. I just don't like it when they put a brand new car with a ton of bolt on stuff against a 30 plus year old car even if it's restored most times doesn't have a chance. The good ole boy shows are the real bummer same guys always get something. I'm not a car bigot i like all cars there are some i never wanted but they are fun to look at, we all have several cars we would love to own before we pass on i know i do but that could be another thread.

Yeah, I think around here (South Dakota) most car shows have dropped the under construction class because they had issues with people pulling off their door panels or some little thing and entering the under construction class with a basically restored car, another issue was complteted street rods/customs with flattened enamal entering the unfinished class. I have been out of the car show circuit for a couple years, but I always liked the little show and shines usually in conjunction with a county fair, community events, etc.

Down here in fla. we don't do small fairs in the area, we used to long ago but they stopped having them. The only one close is the state fair in tampa once a year, don't have a car show i'm aware of. The strawberry festival in plant city has one i think never been too far for the ole girl. They have a big cruise in at oldtown once a month have heard it's fun lots of cars again too far for the ole girl. Some day we will make it to these with the cuda. My goal is the power tour first when she is done then possibly a mopar show up north in PA. or Tenn.[ some day].

To call them "d-bags" makes me think you are jealous that you can't afford one! Like I posted before everyone should have the right to bring there car to a show without being dumped on.

I have been going to shows for 30 years and you know, not once have I ever been forced to look at something that didn't interest me and I have never felt the need to say something derogatory about the the vehicles or there owners because they have something I am not interested in.

Been to a show once with all different type cars. Best Mopar went to a Prowler!! The fellow that owned the car let his son bring it to the show!

There was some nice Mopars there to.... with HEMIS!! All us Mopar guys about fell out.

Mopar southern classic is being held at the year One facitlity in Braselton, Ga on Sept 11'th for you Georgia/Tenn, Florida guys.
They usually hold it at the Atlanta motor Speedway but the economy sucks too bad for that undertaking this year.

Lot'sa cool Mopars come to that one.

-
Back