car value

-

1968dartman

life is getting better!!
Reaction score
Well it looks like the day I have been avoiding is today. I am going to put my Dart up for sale but I want to ask what everyone thinks it would be worth. It is a 68 dart 270 that has been made to look like a GTS It has a 340/727 combo that is in good working order. It has a rust free body with good paint. I am attaching pictures so you can see what it looks like. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Dart1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 327
  • Dart2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 007 (800x600).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 374
  • 006 (800x600).jpg
    71 KB · Views: 371
I'm only guessing but a 340 is desirable and so is a/c and with the car not needing expensive bodywork I would think at least $7500? Sorry to hear this day has come for you...

Hate to be a dick, it's not a 10k car. 340 or not, it's a GTS clone. If it were a real GTS Sure. Besides A/C it looks very bare bones.

There is a seat for every ***, it's worth what someone will pay for it.

Aim high!

Hate to be a dick, it's not a 10k car. 340 or not, it's a GTS clone. If it were a real GTS Sure. Besides A/C it looks very bare bones.

Find another that clean with a 340 for under 10K. Its a 68, not a 74. Its probably the most desirable year. Id love for prices to drop back down that low nut its not the 90s anymore.

$5500.00- Wow that is brutal! I paid more than that two years ago and I have put money in it since than. I want to sell, but I don't feel like giving it away. For that price I might as well part it out.

You can always come down but you can't go up. I have no clue as to what the real value is but it is a given fact that rust free cars in Canada are hard to find and the price is higher than in the southern states.

Doesn't everybody want their cars to be worth what they ask and yet, they just don't want to pay another what they ask.. I haven't seen anyone here pay what something is worth whether it be vehicles, parts or engines and I am not talking about a fricken decal..

I am sure there are a lot of stuff a vehicle needs in order the get the price one wants and being a clone doesn't help in this day and age unless of course it's black

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry for your lost. I couldn't begin to put a value on it. Start what you want and work down. The buyer always sets the price. GLWS.

Around my area South Western Ontario your looking at 10,000 to 14,000

Just remember selling cars with a price tag is just a starting point for the buyer.. so start a bit high... 1968 is the most wanted year in my opinion so if the buyer wants it they will pay for it.

Spring fever usually is the best time to sell..

Before even reading all the replies $10000.00 came right to my head, and I owned numerous old cars.

Don't let it go under 10K....best year, best engine, A/C, and no or little work needed!

If it were mine 10K is what it would take, I would start at 12 or 13K. Assuming its as clean as the pictures look

super nice dart, not interested in it but was looking at what looks like a vintage air AC setup. is it a vintage AC or from another company. can you tell me who made it, and does it come with a complete box with a heater core as well.

thanks
matt

Not sure, but $5,500 is pretty off from what it's worth IMO, if it's even close to as nice as it looks in the pics. A solid '68 with that nice of parts, a nice 340, nice paint, are you kidding? It even has the grille center piece that will cost $500 minimum (for the repop).

Get to a classic car sale Im watching nice cloans do 12 grand all you need is two people, You can set a reserve. Ive watched 6-8 grd cars that were junk with bad paint. You just have to market it at the right spot.

I personally, would not let it go for 10K. I would price it at 15K. You must ask yourself what is the least you can take for the car and be happy with the sale.

Too bad you have to sell it.
That car is definitely worth over 10 grand, more like 15 grand if it's as nice as it looks in the pictures.

-
Back