Car You Took Your Driver's License Test With

-
Seeing the comments reminds me of a guy I worked with that wanted to get his cycle endorsement. I was the only person he knew that had one so....He failed the first time, stalled his Harley. Second time 8 guys from work showed up to watch him fail again, he put his foot down. Month later every one we worked with showed up to watch him drop the bike....he finally listened to me and borrowed his neighbors Honda Rebel...passed with ease...

it was an austin healey sprite , 1965 vintage , british racing green with black interior and soft top .

I took the test in a 76 Ford Mustang II that belonged to my buddy's mom. I had never even ridden it that car before, passed the test on the first try!

Straight 6 '65 Mustang, originally wimbledon white with a black vinyl roof had been paint ugly *** Earle Scheibe medium green metallic. Even though it was only 12 years old at the time, it seemed like it was ancient to me. Car could barely get out of its own way. Loved it anyway until motor died and left it on the side of the road.

69' GTO. after my parents divorce, everytime my dad would see a GTO, he'd get pissed at himself for letting my mom keep it
1969-pontiac-gto.jpg

Don’t laugh too hard.
Did the training in a giant fake wood grained station wagon the high school owned. Big, bulky and slowwwww.
Took the test in my moms Robin Egg Blue AMC Pacer. All them windows made parallel parking a breeze and easily passed the test.
Oh yeh, we had a AMC Gremlin too.

I was in Huntersville NC last week for work and saw a Gremlin parked at the Cookout restaurant. Think it was a worker there as I saw it a couple days in a row. It was the Gremlin Green color. Didn't think to grab a picture.

Don’t laugh too hard.
Did the training in a giant fake wood grained station wagon the high school owned. Big, bulky and slowwwww.
Took the test in my moms Robin Egg Blue AMC Pacer. All them windows made parallel parking a breeze and easily passed the test.
Oh yeh, we had a AMC Gremlin too.

the next car was a 66 sat commando 383 4spd ls 3.23 8 3/4 . that was a fun car . but my mopar beginings , i did learn to drive in my 41 4x4 dodge 1/2 army truck . still have it today . i was 14 years old , in 1969 .

DSC04743.JPG

DSC04745.JPG

DSC04746.JPG

DSC04748.JPG

I'm amazed at all the land yachts used to take the driver's license test!!! I'm glad my dad let me use his little Sapporo!

I grew up riding motorcycles and drove my family members cars around the yard to wash them but I was still nervous taking the test. I was 16 years old in 1979.

Took mine in my sisters 1971 convertible beetle. Bright yellow with cow skin seat covers.....

Thank god i passed on the first try!!!!

I did put the top up before i took the test....

A funny story, i had to pick up my sisters VW from somewhere one time. I told my buddy, "you can drive my car back (1986 formula firebird, 5 speed) and i will drive the beetle....."

I pulled up to get the car, my buddy hops out the passenger seat of my car and i tossed the keys to the VW out the window and burned rubber the hell out of there!!!

:rofl::lol:

My buddy who lived nextdoor was not pleased when he got home.... (in the bug)

We still friends 20 plus years later....
:thumbsup:

1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet 273-2bbl auto. It was a used car that my dad bought, total garage queen, it was like a brand new car when we got it, seven years old with about 6,500 miles on it - and it had bucket seats & AC. Walk out to the car and the evaluator says he hasn’t seen a new one of these in about ten years; he was probably expecting the typical 16 year olds Michigan rust bucket and not the pleasant little Valiant with comfortable AC. Passed... no problem.

No pic but a 1979 Ford Courier truck with no power steering or AC in AZ.

Was fun. Took it to get it inspected one time and it failed emissions and the guy at the test site gave me a card to his buddy the mechanic across the street.

Being young i didnt think this weird and he popped the hood and did a bunch of things which made it seem like all the exhaust was now going into the cab with me.

He said leave the windows down and drive the interstate a few mins then go back and give them his card showing that he wormed on it and after passing to see him again.

When i returned i got out and watched him (unlike last time) and he had disconnected the hell out of everything.

This all happened around the same time.

Truck had a toyota engine that would not die!

Mine was a 1965 Ford Custom 500 4dr. Burgundy with a saddle brown interior. A dead ringer for a Mn State Patrol car except, good old Dad ordered it without a V/8, P/S, P/B or A/C. At least he did spring for AM radio. I pumped those front Firestones up to 65 psi for the test. Part of the test was a panic stop, so, I watched for the area that had skid marks and when that examiner said "stop" , I had him kissing the dash. Spring 1967.

Fall of 1976 for me in dads 1970 coronet. Had to perform whole driving test with a damn boner as my lady dmv rep. was super hot. Thankfully passed.
Was a 4 door 318 powered green
land yacht but loved that car. First car my family had with a/c. lol

Heck I drove a motorcycle in my early years for the first license and think my 69 Road Runner was the first car for license in 1980. That was fun.

-
Back