Carb Cheater - What Say Yee?

-
I watched some videos on it and it's a cool idea, it's not for me though.. i prefer as little electronic **** to break as possible. If it were free i would try it.. that's bout it :)

No, I'm sorry. I REMEMBER the horrid days of the feedback carburetors, and other junk. I'll stick with either a carb or EFI.

I'm befuddled why people just don't simply learn how to tune a carburetor.

I'm befuddled why people just don't simply learn how to tune a carburetor.
takes time and people are lazy... but i will say when i figured out how power valves worked it felt amazing.. (before the internet) soo many problems fixed. i like learning ****

takes time and people are lazy... but i will say when i figured out how power valves worked it felt amazing.. (before the internet) soo many problems fixed. i like learning ****
Yeah and Holley tells you the WRONG WAY to choose them, too which adds to the confusion.

I'm excited to try this street demon... i hope it's as good as people have said.

@Icetech beat me to it, but deep down inside, @RustyRatRod, I think you knew the answer all along. Speaking of Steet Demon carbs, What can you tell me about them. I have an Edelbrock on my 340. It runs well, and is fairly easy to tune, but do you guys like the Street Demons better?

@Icetech beat me to it, but deep down inside, @RustyRatRod, I think you knew the answer all along. Speaking of Steet Demon carbs, What can you tell me about them. I have an Edelbrock on my 340. It runs well, and is fairly easy to tune, but do you guys like the Street Demons better?
The Street Demon has what's called "triple stacked" boosters. They "somehow" atomize the fuel better......and I can attest to that, because I very recently swapped on an Edelbrock 750 in place of my 625 Street Demon. The 750 had a little rougher idle......the camshaft came through a little more. That's proof right there the Street Demon is a better mixer......at least at idle. I didn't have a chance to leave the Edelbrock on as one of the floats was compromised and it eventually started flooding, so I swapped the Street Demon back on. On this Ford 400, it "runs out" of primaries pretty quick, so that tells me it needs more carburetor.......well....at least bigger primaries. While it had the 750 on it, it did have WAY better throttle response, so I will likely try the 750 again and see if I can get it to tune out. I think it will be more efficient in the long run, because the Street Demon gets into the secondaries pretty "quick" if that makes sense. Of course, ultimately, I'd love to try a 750 Street Demon, but funds just won't allow.

Welp, I watched up to the point where he said it blewtoothed to my phone. I don't carry a phone. I'm out. No need to watch the rest of it.
Good luck to the rest of you though.

The creator of the Street Demon was an engineer for Carter fuel systems during the muscle car era. Its reported he took the best attributes of the Carter AFB, Thermoquad and Rochester Quadrajet when designing the SD carb.

The creator of the Street Demon was an engineer for Carter fuel systems during the muscle car era. Its reported he took the best attributes of the Carter AFB, Thermoquad and Rochester Quadrajet when designing the SD carb.
I know I have zero complaints with mine!

I would just like a nice recipe for a home made wideband tuner that i dont have to drill a bung in my pie...cant I just shove an 02 sensor up the tail pipe and tweakwith a multimeter...?:)

This looks quite interesting. Anyone tried it out?

Looking at that guy I dont figure he knows his *** from a hole in ther ground or as they used to say "**** form Shine-ola" another YT *****...LOL! Its indicative if thunderhead posted a video on it first, the other guy copied content instead of mentioning and posting the link...they dont want to work, they all want to be Uncle Tony...:)

Last edited:
Looking at that guy I dont figure he knows his *** from a hole in ther ground or as they used to say "**** form Shine-ola" another YT *****...LOL!
I don't hate the idea of the thing... but it's not for me. that video though is not a good endorsement. His rant about not having a digital gauge was insane and just weird... also you don't have to stare at the thing all the time.. put it somewhere you don't see it and pull it out when needed.. it was just odd all around

I have to suspect that is a way of maintaining a 14.7:1 AF ratio and like said somewhere else in this thread they tried that ,right before fuel injection came out as an emission control it didnt work well on a carb then so why do it now...

I have to suspect that is a way of maintaining a 14.7:1 AF ratio and like said somewhere else in this thread they tried that ,right before fuel injection came out as an emission control it didnt work well on a carb then so why do it now...
Cause it's been 30 years and technology changes... it's a viable solution for guys that don't want to fix their stuff.. but the way they are marketing it and the people that are advertising for him would turn me away.. also it looks like complete *** in a engine bay... in a chevy or ford sure.. you can't make them look good anyway, but i would never do that in my own car. Looks matter :)

I get it.. I hadnt owned a FI car till 1996... now, I wouldn't go back..on a daily driver, my old car will forever stay 4 barrel...I agree on looks I just ordered the 70 era unsilenced air cleaner for my Dart..just because I like the "pie tin" air cleaner look... I have a chrome open element now...

Last edited:
-
Back