Carb for my 318

-
google this: Carburetor tuning the scientific way. Tells how to tune carb with cheap O2 and DVOM. Remember, timing issues will also affect fuel mileage.
Each of those carbs would work but the Eldebrock would be easier to geet parts for.
TQ's have a lack of new parts availability. I'll bet Holley bought a bunch of parts before they were gone from various manufacturers. 500 cfm is just fine for a 318.

omahamoparguy, excellent page you mentioned.

Johnny, you have to edit your post. The quote is all screwed up. The one below is good and commented on........

Chevy ? What ?

All I stated was a 1405 is calibrated for performance,1406 is calibrated for maximum fuel economy. That is a fact. Pick up a book and :study:

We understand what you stated. The point you make that it is a fact in a book doesn't support your position.

Lack of knowleadge? Yes! For certain! YOU! You completely missed the point made and stated several times in this thread. Weather or not you purchase the carb set up and jetted rich or not doesn't make a hill of beans differance since you need to tune the carb to begin with. This requires changing the factory settings.

Perhaps you should put the Edelbrock book down and pick up a book on how to jet and tune carbs. Then, you will understand something about this thread.

The OP didn't tell anybody there F.O.S.! STOP puttting words in OTR's mouth.

omahamoparguy, excellent page you mentioned.

Johnny, you have to edit your post. The quote is all screwed up. The one below is good and commented on........

We understand what you stated. The point you make that it is a fact in a book doesn't support your position.

Lack of knowleadge? Yes! For certain! YOU! You completely missed the point made and stated several times in this thread. Weather or not you purchase the carb set up and jetted rich or not doesn't make a hill of beans differance since you need to tune the carb to begin with. This requires changing the factory settings.

Perhaps you should put the Edelbrock book down and pick up a book on how to jet and tune carbs. Then, you will understand something about this thread.

The OP didn't tell anybody there F.O.S.! STOP puttting words in OTR's mouth.

Back to the original question. Best carb for my 318.

Supported by the majority of the forum, Edelbrock 600.
Quote "Yeah I hate it,so I will fill it with gas and melt it".
Maybe FOS wasnt the best choice of wording,maybe you guys dont know what your talking about,or something along those lines would be better.

We all know and agree that a carb needs to be tuned to the car.

As far as lack of knowledge: I'm not pretending to know it all. I'm not a know it all type of guy. But my work speaks for itself. I will compare my work/cars with yours anytime. ;-)

I find it odd that you continue to escalte this into a argument and then start throwing stones at the OP and then challenge me like a kid.

YOU BACK UP!

Your take on carbs is ill and your rewording just showed it to be true.

GET OFF MY BACK! GET OFF THE OP'S BACK! REALIZE WHAT YOUR SAYING.

Your trying to twist what you said into something you didn't say and agree with us.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Try again! On second thought, DONT!

Back to the original question. Best carb for my 318.

Supported by the majority of the forum, Edelbrock 600.
Quote "Yeah I hate it,so I will fill it with gas and melt it".
Maybe FOS wasnt the best choice of wording,maybe you guys dont know what your talking about,or something along those lines would be better.

We all know and agree that a carb needs to be tuned to the car.

As far as lack of knowledge: I'm not pretending to know it all. I'm not a know it all type of guy. But my work speaks for itself. I will compare my work/cars with yours anytime. ;-)

I'm still learning, a lot of it from all of you. And the million books and the pages and pages of info I have.

Eddy 600, drop it on and go. Great carb, idiot proof compared to the holley and I am an idiot. This is the first eddy I have ever owned and it seems to be a lot lees of a headache for a street car then the holley.

I have asked this thread to arise..and it has arisen from the dead:D

I know Cliff has long since chosen his carb and went on with life but I thought I would mention that factory 4bbl 318's and 360's after '72 or so all used Thermoquads, and then starting in '84 or '85 through '88 they used QUADRAJETS.

That means Cliff's intake was a spreadbore to fit those two carbs but I sure didn't see anyone mentioning a Quadrajet...LOL

Of course..that's not as easy as putting on those Edelbrocks you get at the parts store so we'll not go there.

Have I got a carb for you!!!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

might put this (econo)mizer on a slant....450CFM of raw oil embargo era power!

Attachments

• IMG_20130123_204534.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 113
-
Back