Carb help * the famous debate and 2x different cars

-
I'd probably see which one works best on the 380 hp then run what works best of the two that left on the 300 hp.

Can't you guys have your (to most here) esoteric engineering battles some place else, perhaps an exchange of PMs. This really isn't helping the OP with his very straightforward request for advice. You have really hijacked the space.

If you don’t like it, don’t look. I have zero patience for guys not wanting to learn.

Do you think the street demon would have done better if they dropped the stupid demon name? too many people think it's that old POS they put out...

Do you think the street demon would have done better if they dropped the stupid demon name? too many people think it's that old POS they put out...
if it was named The Tarmac Warlock i would 100% buy one.

but yeah, a lot of people got stung by the old demon and that horseshit, myself included. so i can certainly see any kind of correlation being a negative, especially if you still had a bad taste in your mouth.

if it was named The Tarmac Warlock i would 100% buy one.

but yeah, a lot of people got stung by the old demon and that horseshit, myself included. so i can certainly see any kind of correlation being a negative, especially if you still had a bad taste in your mouth.
I have only ran mine for a few seconds but was happy with how it fired right up and idled perfect without touching anything.. but any carb should really do that.. can't wait to actually try it out

Yea, bad marketing and thinking reusing the name from carb to carb when there different by - Oh I don’t know…

A-LOT!!!!!!

STR12,

I am trying to point out to folks the BULLSHIT that Newbomb Turk serves upon this website; to try & stop people with his NONSENSE advice. He also gets called into question on another forum he sprouts his BS on.

So far on this forum, in the last few days, we have had:
- 12:1 CR is fine with cast iron heads & pump gas
- wants to overturn the laws of physics & science that relate to how an air bleed starts operation.
- the claim that zinc in oil is a 'power eater', yet nothing to be found on the web on a subject that, was it true, would have everybodies attention.....

On AFB carbs, I agree 100 %. The best all round 4 bbl carb made. A 625 AFB made 17 hp more & 17 ft lbs more tq than a 600 Holley & used less fuel doing it.

img248.jpg

STR12,

I am trying to point out to folks the BULLSHIT that Newbomb Turk serves upon this website; to try & stop people with his NONSENSE advice. He also gets called into question on another forum he sprouts his BS on.

So far on this forum, in the last few days, we have had:
- 12:1 CR is fine with cast iron heads & pump gas
- wants to overturn the laws of physics & science that relate to how an air bleed starts operation.
- the claim that zinc in oil is a 'power eater', yet nothing to be found on the web on a subject that, was it true, would have everybodies attention.....

On AFB carbs, I agree 100 %. The best all round 4 bbl carb made. A 625 AFB made 17 hp more & 17 ft lbs more tq than a 600 Holley & used less fuel doing it.

View attachment 1716228315

LOL.

My god this thing is still going on :) !!! Yes i received my 750 edelbrock by mail yesterday and was dissapointed....i knew it was used but its not in the best condition for a used carb , needs a kit but i dont like the fact that the butterflies are a bit hard to open , looks like dry gas and carbon was all aside and on the sides ( linkages ) & i went to get my new 750 cfm holley 4779 too , so now i have the 300hp *crate to finish and my 380hp crate duster that needs a dpumper , i ran the 650 dp on it since 2008 , its a street driven car but that is capable of low 12s and high 11s , performance is a lot of knowledge , i always heard that a 750 edel wasnt flowing like a holley so...thats why i opened this thread.thx for all the answers

Valerian,
Why does the Edel need a kit? These can be usually stripped down & no gaskets needed if you are careful.
As for the 750 Edel not flowing like a Holley.....
If the measurement of the airflow for each was done using the same pressure drop, then 750 cfm is....750 cfm.

750 = 750, Carter/Eddy cold start easy and suck @ hot restart. Holley suck @ cold start and hot restart easy. Pick your pain point....

-
Back