Carb hook up/ Pcv question.

-

StickweldinSteve

Reaction score
I have a pcv on each valve cover one is just a simple L and one is a push in larger filter style. I’m installing a new carb. A Edelbrock 650 avs2. Will it hurt anything to T both pcv’s together and run into the front pcv spot on the carb or should I run one to the front and one to the rear? Friend of mine is telling my to just plug one pcv saying I only need one.

Also Do I have to run a fuel pressure regulator?
Thanks for the help.

5DB9D1D3-27CF-4E0C-88CD-EFC566FD8EAE.jpeg

image.jpg

This is something I've also wondered about. I stand to be corrected by much more knowledgeable people on here but I thought a PCV valve uses engine vacuum to suck excess fumes back into the engine to be burned off. If you hook up two, do you possibly start to suck oil back through the engine as well by creating too much PCV ??

the large hole is the breather,not pcv, it should go to the air cleaner, the other one small ,goes to engine vacuum ,mark

the large hole is the breather,not pcv, it should go to the air cleaner, the other one small ,goes to engine vacuum ,mark
can I put a push in filter then? my current air cleaner doesn’t have a place for it. The original double snorkel does though.

Last edited:
Pcv on one side breather cap on the other. Don't run 2 pcv valves.

Pcv on one side breather cap on the other. Don't run 2 pcv valves.
I think what threw me is when I went in AutoZone what I have was called a pcv breather on their packaging. I plugged in a regular breather cap though no lines coming out Thanks man.

Last edited:
I think what threw me is when I went in AutoZone what I have was called a pcv breather on their packaging. I plugged it with a breather cap though. Thanks man.
The breather is the inlet for the pcv system. For it to be dead correct, it really needs to connect to the air cleaner with a hose. Here is a proper PCV system.
PCV SYSTEM.gif

The breather is the inlet for the pcv system. For it to be dead correct, it really needs to connect to the air cleaner with a hose. Here is a proper PCV system.
View attachment 1716085651
My original 340 air cleaner housing has the breather tube fitting in the side, thus not filtered air. Since there is filter material in the part that pushes into the valve cover, guess it is not a big deal.

My original 340 air cleaner housing has the breather tube fitting in the side, thus not filtered air. Since there is filter material in the part that pushes into the valve cover, guess it is not a big deal.
Lots of GM products were the same way with a small extra filter within the filter.

-
Back