Carb Install Blunder...Help!!!

-

AlaskaMoParMan

NDT Technician
Reaction score
While installing my new carb to my 360, I dropped the front nut on the left side and it fell, bounced off intake and went thought the space between the head and the intake! Arrrrrrrrgh!!! Any suggestions on this one? I do not want to take off the intake and all that jazz. I'm gonna try a small magnet on some bale wire and see if my fishing skills are sound. I'm sooooooooo frustrated. One more nut and I would have been down the road!!!

I'm sure I am the first person to ever have done this, so now you can say you heard about this guy.............

yep been there ya know what I did you may laugh but it work a BF vacume,think if you fish in the wrong spot you may end up pushing the nut into the head down into the cyl,now i know some valves will be open plug your tail pipes up first.

What does "the space between the head and intake" mean? Photo? Do you mean the arc in the middle of the head around the heat riser? If so, that is a dead end, so won't hurt anything. Indeed, unless it fell down the throat of the carb, I don't see a risk of damage. There is nowhere else that accesses the engine interior, unless your valve covers were off.

The "backyard" answer is, it won't hurt anything if you can't get it out!!

Wire coat hanger, magnet, etc.

I b'lieve we are all referring to the upside down crescent in the center of the head. The inner passage is the heat crossover. The EXPOSED part above the intake is a dead end cavity in the head

mopp_060800_hed_6_z+performance_mopar_cylinder_heads+factory_chrysler_big_block_heads.jpg

Yes! it was the arc in the middle of the head around the heat riser. Are you saying I'm fine? I will go fishing anyway, heck its raining anyway.

-
Back