Carb Intake for Magnum engine

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone? I'd perfer a used Mopar/Edelbrock intake over a new crosswind.

I am using the CrossWind and I am very happy with it. The ports are a little smaller than the AirGap which should be better for low rpm torque. In anycase my 360 is a relatively mild build and based on trap speeds my engine is making approximately 370 HP. Here is a picture of the engine before I installed it in the Barracuda.

CompleteFront.jpg

I am using the CrossWind and I am very happy with it.

Thats fine.

Used Mopar intakes are going cheaper than new Crosswind intakes, therefore I'd perfer a cheaper Mopar intake over a new Crosswind.

I'm on a budget, getting smaller by the minute.

Installing a 5.9 Magnum in my Duster of course, I'll fuel inject it later.
Cool. I've got the same thought going for my Valiant. I had bought a 96 5.9 for my Dakota but since the Valiant came along its getting everything. I sold off my "fuelie" M1 so I too need a carb intake. Oh and if you're going to FI it you might as well turbo it. lol

I found a mopar magnum M1 dual plane last year on Ebay and got it for $140.00. The deals are there but you have to be patient and keep looking.

I found a mopar magnum M1 dual plane last year on Ebay and got it for $140.00. The deals are there but you have to be patient and keep looking.

I do have a nice deal pending on a single plane unit, I'd perfer a dual plane though.

If you get the single plane unit, it could be worth a trade with someone later. Who knows.

I do not know if it will work or not but I have a 1985 factory 360 4 bbl intake that I want to sell. $50.00 plus shipping from NW Arkansas. Zip code 72631.

On consideration regarding M-1 dual plane intakes.

I had one on my 360 Magnum for awhile and it ran okay, but it has a hot water carb heat provision that could not be good for all-out performance.

It undoubtedly enhances driveability is cold weather, but probably kills some horsepower in warm weather, if you're interested in going fast. I'm sure that water passage under the carb could be plugged at the front, if you're resourceful and don't want the carb heat.

There was a thred on here a while back about the flow number comparison between the Crosswind manifold and the Edelbrock Air Gap, but I lost track of the thred and never got to see the numbers IF any were ever posted in a side-by-side comparison.

I wonder if that information is available anywhere?

Thanks for any info...

Bill in Conway, Arkansas

I picked up a MP M1 single plane and dual plane for reasonable funds, thanks everyone for contacting me!

As an aside, I picked up the single plane with but a few hours running time for far less than what I would have paid for a new crosswind so I'm pretty happy.

IM000310.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back