Carb recommendation

-
What about a Demon 1904?
One my workers had that carb on there 67 Barracuda convertible.
He was somewhat disgusted with the performance, so it’s got a Holley now, I think a 650 runs night and day better according to him, and his brother. It’s there summer road trip car. Extremely nice cruiser.

OK, so just to be clear, i can order a Square Bore Edelbrock or Holley Carb that will bolt right up to my existing 340 Intake that has smaller primaries?

OK, so just to be clear, i can order a Square Bore Edelbrock or Holley Carb that will bolt right up to my existing 340 Intake that has smaller primaries?
Be very careful here. I have the 69 stock intake on my 340, and the intake bores are smaller than a standard Holley. Measure before ordering. As has been said, if it runs well other than the fuel boiling issue, there's not much point in changing the carb, unless you're looking for more power. Then, I would still follow YR's advice, and upgrade the intake while you're in there.

Not to sound like a dick, but are you sure you have a spread bore intake?
Hello, Trying to pick a new carb for my 360 build. The Carter AVS is leaving me stranded all the time when I let the motor sit 20 minutes. It is a new rebuild out of a Lil' Red Express truck. Certainly makes my 71 Valiant fly. I have a spread bore intake on it off of a 340. So I need to stick with the spread bore. Any help is greatly appreciated. The car is not necessarily for the strip but it is no Sunday driver either.
View attachment 1715412331This is the 4611s I have. Isn't this a spread bore? Also I have this on a OEM 68 340 Cast Iron Intake, Bores match. The plate (adapter) i have is just a heat sync plate, not spread to square.
I just high lighted the intake to use with the carb you have. This is an excellent set up.
technically, the bores are spread. It's called and referred to as a square bore, like the edelbrock carbs. '68 340 intake is a square bore - 4 hole.

Like post #24 said, todays fuel is ****, it's made for fuel injection. I had to put an insulator under my wives Carter on an Edelbrock dual plane and one under my Edelbrock AVS on a air gap intake if not every time I went some where and came back out the car didn't want to start, the insulator solved that!

Jeff

Let me add to the above. When the cars sit for days sometimes the fuel is gone but I just crank it for 8 seconds or so with no pumping the gas pedal and it fills the bowls, pump the pedal a couple of times and veroomm!

Jeff

I got a 650 DP for sale

2.jpg

-
Back