• Holley

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Generic

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • none

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
-
Oh so true! Some guys are complaining that idle to 2500/3000 is **** and whine like butt hole hurt girls but there cam is A 3500K plus unit.

Unbalanced and unrealistic expectations.

I was at a cruise in and some guys were ranking and complaining about MY rides lack of low end torque (and they never seen the car before by the way) quizzing me, “What about low end torque”, “That things gotta suck off the line”, “Why would you use “***” equipment like that, don’t you care about low end torque?”, “What’s wrong with you?!?!”, “You did it all wrong!”, “You put together a F-up combo, you don’t know what your doing!”

Yea, they really say that. Amazing. As if I built the car for them.....

2" phenolic on my ld340 to get it in the hood opening. 6 pk type. I have no track time yet but the motor is very angry and no lack of power anywhere in the rpm range. Reminds me of my gsxr 750. Lightning revs.

20191221_235425.jpg

2" phenolic on my ld340 to get it in the hood opening. 6 pk type. I have no track time yet but the motor is very angry and no lack of power anywhere in the rpm range. Reminds me of my gsxr 750. Lightning revs.

View attachment 1715493024

i hit the ''none'' button.
I`m sure I need a spacer to increase plenum size, but my 1200 cfm throttle body is up in the 6 pack hood already/setting on a victor intake/with raised port heads.

I'm trying to get my carb dialed in with only the 1/2" nitrous plate beneath it. I also have a huge cam (.652", 272@.050) and it definitely starts to make power above 3000. Haven't had the nerve or the road to take it above 5000 yet, but it just keeps pulling harder!

I decided to crutch the predictable lack of low-end on the street with a dual plane manifold (RPM air-gap), relatively small 800 double pumper, and 1-3/4" headers despite the know-it-alls saying how mismatched that is and it won't work. It may give up some top end hp but the midrange is very entertaining!
:steering:

No idea what an additional 1/2" or 1" spacer would do... again since it's mostly street-driven I doubt I'd notice the difference. Might be worth a try eventually?

I'm trying to get my carb dialed in with only the 1/2" nitrous plate beneath it. I also have a huge cam (.652", 272@.050) and it definitely starts to make power above 3000. Haven't had the nerve or the road to take it above 5000 yet, but it just keeps pulling harder!

I decided to crutch the predictable lack of low-end on the street with a dual plane manifold (RPM air-gap), relatively small 800 double pumper, and 1-3/4" headers despite the know-it-alls saying how mismatched that is and it won't work. It may give up some top end hp but the midrange is very entertaining!
:steering:

No idea what an additional 1/2" or 1" spacer would do... again since it's mostly street-driven I doubt I'd notice the difference. Might be worth a try eventually?
You stole my thunder, I was going to say half inch spacer with spray bars running through it LOL will definitely be an increase in horsepower...

That hairy of a combination would probably benefit from a one inch four hole spacer but I think a super sucker may help you out with your tuning. Huge cam, indeed!

Before I used a straight 4 hole spacer I’d use this
4150 1" Shear Plate

Or this
Carb Spacer, 4150 1.750" Professional, dAMBEST Carburetor

I really like the damBest shear plate the best but the
Visner is really nice too and I bought it before I found the damnest piece.

Both are much better than just a 4 hole space. Although with a dual plane intake I’d call John at damBest and get his thoughts first. Or call Visner. They are very nice to deal with too.

Good call! I would like to know what they would recommend, too. If that cam has as much overlap as I think it does, I could see the anti reversion benefits helping more than a little, even with a dual plane.

Old thread but tunnel ram threads need to always be visible.
I will be testing 2 inch merge spacers on my weiand possibly next weekend or during the following week. My carbs won't work on the base without a spacer and I already had 1 super sucker on the trickflow single plane I was running and it made the most power with it.
I modified the tunnel ram over the course of the summer when I had spare time. If you want all the details you can find it in my 470 drag car build thread. But it should be cool, I will test 1 inch spacers also.

IMG_20230514_160408167_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230820_113420092_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230903_133929914_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230902_113116888_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230902_113150438_HDR.jpg

I have a Jomar Power Cone (5016X) on a single 440 Victor intake.

Last year I bought a Magna Fuel Anti Reversion MP-5006 {shear plate} I am thinking about installing on the Victor, but I'll have to machine out the flange.

Then I might go totally crazy, machine the intake and a 1/2" Jomar phenolic open spacer to stack the shear plate on top of it. That way I have isolation and reversion.

Tom

-
Back