Carb Suggestions

-
I will have to check the back of the manifold for the egr plate

If I have the plate, would an egr line run to this hole?

Yes, the carb does look clean as does the inside of the intake manifold

I will have to check the back of the manifold for the egr plate

If I have the plate, would an egr line run to this hole?

Yes, the carb does look clean as does the inside of the intake manifold

Get a picture of it. I am certain it has the EGR provision since it has that hole. Most of the time, they are plugged with small freeze plugs. If the holes are open, you'll want to measure them, get the appropriate size freeze plugs and install them. Otherwise, you'll have a nasty exhaust and vacuum leak. It's very easy to do.

Great info, thanks

I will get a pic of it tonight, but I am fairly certain there is a mounting plate back there

Do I need to run an EGR? Wouldn't it just run to the valve cover? What's the pros and cons of not running an EGR?

Great info, thanks

I will get a pic of it tonight, but I am fairly certain there is a mounting plate back there

Do I need to run an EGR? Wouldn't it just run to the valve cover? What's the pros and cons of not running an EGR?

No. EGR is for emissions. There are some advantages to it with t stock or VERY mild engine, but I am sure you will not need it. WHy they even included the provision on a single plane intake, I have no clue. Possibly for California emissions.

Just drill and tap the appropriate size for a screw in plug and call it a day.

Here's a pic showing the back of the manifold

Two bolts and two small freeze plugs

20191001_084604_zpsjuk9kqxh.jpg

So it's an EGR mount and it has a block off plate, meaning the hole under the carb doesn't matter?

The throttle return spring looks overextended. maybe not at idle but at full throttle. Get a longer one or pair.

Link or part numbers?

I searched and want to make sure I get the correct parts

I found info that a 750 will have 1-3/8" on the primary and 1-11/16" on the secondary

Since I have 172 and 173 marked blades, does each size transfer to the markings?

From my research, the current carb has mechanical secondaries

I think I will keep it and have it gone through and rebuilt

-
Back