Carb

-

Brian Hood

Reaction score
I was playing around on Holley's web site. According to their calculator, i need a 390 cfm ( Ive got a stock top and bottom end 2001 5.9 Magnum-converted to a carb system with a single place Airgap duel plane intake) I've got a Holley 600 cfm that good in my shop. My question is would this be too much carb to a point that it would hurt or dammage anything?

I was playing around on Holley's web site. According to their calculator, i need a 390 cfm ( Ive got a stock top and bottom end 2001 5.9 Magnum-converted to a carb system with a single place Airgap duel plane intake) I've got a Holley 600 cfm that good in my shop. My question is would this be too much carb to a point that it would hurt or dammage anything?

110%....Use the 600! :D:D:D

Unless your never going over 3000 rpm's. Otherwise the 390 will choke it to death.

I don't know how you came up with a 390cfm.

I just used the same thing and came up with a selection of about 10 carbs all in the 570-670cfm range.

I set everything for 360 cubic inch, 5200 max RPM, stock engine, street use, vacuum secondary and electric choke.

-
Back