Carbon fiber console to match dash

-

392Mopar

Reaction score
Hey guys, I posted a while ago about a custon dash panel I made for my 72 Duster using the stock cluster and a carbon fiber insert I made. Well heres the center console I just completed with a carbon fiber insert to match the dash, thought I'd share to see what you guys think and give some ideas to anyone interested. Just took a stock console and epoxyed on a carbon fiber insert, then found a Mr. Gasket "European Style" shift boot to finish it off. Here it is...

Butch

Attachments

• DSC04138 (Medium).jpg
    100 KB · Views: 453
  • DSC04139 (Medium).jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC04144 (Medium).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 435
  • DSC04146 (Medium).jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC04148 (Medium).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 408
  • DSC04150 (Medium).jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 411
Thanks, I'm really happy with the way everythings turning out, still want to redo the door panels and get the rear seats recovered to match but its getting there.

The seats are actually black leather seats out of a 2001 Audi TT, I just modified the brackets to fit the Duster. Heres a couple shots of the seats when I put them in.

Attachments

• 11-15-09 (25) (Medium).jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 351
  • 11-15-09 (23) (Medium).jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 340
  • 11-15-09 (22) (Medium).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 343
looks great. what did you use to hold it down? double stick tape or glue? i did something very similar. love the carbon look.

DSCI0052-1.jpg
dash5.jpg
dash9.jpg
dash8.jpg

I used a 2 part epoxy to hold it down, seems to work great. Love your dash and console, same taste, looks awesome, really like the shifter, thats bad-***!!!

Hey Youggun2.0, is that a sassy grass car? This is my engine bay, gonna be spraying the car soon...

Attachments

• DSC02759 (Small).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 517
  • DSC02760 (Medium).jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 320
  • DSC02762 (Medium).jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 305
I used a 2 part epoxy to hold it down, seems to work great. Love your dash and console, same taste, looks awesome, really like the shifter, thats bad-***!!!

thanks. i wish my interior was as far along as yours. the shifter is actually a B&M quick silver. when i put it in with the tall shift handle it hit the dash in park. i just took it all apart and made my own shifter arm and put it all back together.

Hey Youggun2.0, is that a sassy grass car? This is my engine bay, gonna be spraying the car soon...

your engine bay looks killer!

its not sassy grass and its not sublime either. its actually a scherwin williams color. i think its called muscle car green. its been so long. love the high impact colors.

sliders019.jpg
newshoes025.jpg

Wow, your dart looks killer, I remember a post when you where putting in those rear wheels, amazing. Mines mini tubbed too with 325/50-15's, love the look and stance with those 17's!!! Yeah mines not a real mopar color either, its Vibrant Lime, kind of a cross color, cheapo paint, doing in all in my garage!!! Love your color choice and your car,gonna be sweet when you get it all finished up!! Nice work!!!

Butch

-
Back