Carlisle 2011 Mopar show pics

-
You took 1200 pictures? That just seems incredible to me, I can not imagine doing that. I am going to go peek at them now, thanks.

did you see anything not thru your lens O.o

I always end up taking a s**tload of pictures, but I found time to spend over $1000 on parts for my 68 Charger too. Thats why I always go for all 4 days Thursday through Sunday, but never feel like I really saw everything.
(not sure if the link worked the first time so I'm posting it again below)

http://photobucket.com/jim68cudacarlislemopar2011

its actually really easy to take that many pictures..

I will have to take your word for it, I can't imagine the film development costs. :D

But I am sure enjoying the ones he took!

Really enjoying the forwardlook cars.

I will have to take your word for it, I can't imagine the film development costs. :D

??? film development? digital man.. screw film..lol

i doubt he gets all 1000 printed out. probably has a folder on his computer with all the pics. from there you can print your favorites...

i routinely take 1000 plus pics when i'm on vacation. you can put them on memory stick and print some you want out of just pull them up on the computer at anytime to look at.

??? film development? digital man.. screw film..lol

i doubt he gets all 1000 printed out. probably has a folder on his computer with all the pics. from there you can print your favorites...

i routinely take 1000 plus pics when i'm on vacation. you can put them on memory stick and print some you want out of just pull them up on the computer at anytime to look at.

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. I still have my old 35mm Nikon, and used to think two rolls of 36 at a car show was a lot.

Now, I just look, and hardly ever take any pictures, but want to thank you guys that do for the rest of us to enjoy.

My digital camera was "the ****" about 10 years ago, but my family laughs at my memory sticks. The large one is a 128. LOL

There must be a lot of people looking at his pictures right now, as they are getting slow to load. I am about 1/3 the way through.

photomat was working overtime!!

Thanks for the pix

Yeah, I was just trying to be funny. I still have my old 35mm Nikon, and used to think two rolls of 36 at a car show was a lot.

Now, I just look, and hardly ever take any pictures, but want to thank you guys that do for the rest of us to enjoy.

My digital camera was "the ****" about 10 years ago, but my family laughs at my memory sticks. The large one is a 128. LOL

There must be a lot of people looking at his pictures right now, as they are getting slow to load. I am about 1/3 the way through.

lol.. i couldn't imagine learning with film. hell you wouldn't even know if what you were doing worked until you paid to developed it..

128 card..lol... i use 8g ones and thats small for some..

There must be a lot of people looking at his pictures right now, as they are getting slow to load

yea page isn't even loading for me.. photobucket is going to explode..lol

I used to take about 10 rolls of 36 exposure 35mm film (at $5 per roll) each year at the Carlisle and again at the Nats. Developing was about $10 per roll. Now there is no film cost. But I do go through a few AA lithium batteries when I take 1000 pics at a show (six batteries this time). Developing at Cosco for 1000 pictures is about the same as it cost to develop 360 pictures (10 rolls) of 35mm film back in the day, but theres no $5 per roll cost to buy the film.
Since I've been filling photo albums of Mopar car show pictures since the mid 80's, I might very well print most of these pictures and put them in albums as well.

I went back and checked. It did load for me, but it was slow.

lol.. i couldn't imagine learning with film. hell you wouldn't even know if what you were doing worked until you paid to developed it..

128 card..lol... i use 8g ones and thats small for some..
:D, my small card is 8, it only holds a few pictures, so I have to make sure it is clean. This is why I never set my camera on the high resolution big settings, a couple pictures will wipe out a memory card.

Film was quite an art, that people really got into. If someone wanted to take a lot of pictures, they needed to set up a "dark room" with lots of chemicals and stuff.

I had a lot of pictures turn out bad, and like you said, it was dissapointing to say the least.

This is a whole new generation now, things are so much improved.

I used to take about 10 rolls of 36 exposure 35mm film (at $5 per roll) each year at the Carlisle and again at the Nats. Developing was about $10 per roll. Now there is no film cost. But I do go through a few AA lithium batteries when I take 1000 pics at a show (six batteries this time). Developing at Cosco for 1000 pictures is about the same as it cost to develop 360 pictures (10 rolls) of 35mm film back in the day, but theres no $5 per roll cost to buy the film.
Since I've been filling photo albums of Mopar car show pictures since the mid 80's, I might very well print most of these pictures and put them in albums as well.

I went back and checked. It did load for me, but it was slow.

You had to be pretty good with your 35mm, what kind was it? Automatic, manual or semi automatic? Mine is semi, you set the arpeture, and it sets the speed.

I am really enjoying the pictures, some really nice cars and good shots you took. Thanks!

You had to be pretty good with your 35mm, what kind was it? Automatic, manual or semi automatic? Mine is semi, you set the arpeture, and it sets the speed.

I am really enjoying the pictures, some really nice cars and good shots you took. Thanks!

Thanks. I now use a Kodak Easyshare digital camera. My old 35mm camera was an Olympus OM-G semi automatic. Mostly I miss not being able to use a polarizing filter on the cheaper digital cameras like mine to eliminate glare on windshields, but I also find that my little Kodak with it's built in flash doesn't take good pictures indoors.
I also prefer to take pictures with a longer lens, but with the digital camera, I go through batteries much quicker when I use the zoom feature. Then again, the crowds at shows like Carlisle make it hard to stand farther away from the car and zooming in. I deleted alot of photos where someone walked into the shot just as I was snapping the photo.

Is that it? Is that all there is? :D

Finally got through them, or almost, it froze up on 1178, maybe cause I stared at it so long. I have never seen a 2 door hard top Plymouth that vintage, heck I am not sure what it is. 50,51, 52? Really interesting trim on that car! Can't believe I have never seen one.

Now I get it, every picture was worth looking at, well except for the Chevy. I need to go clean the mess off of my keyboard now, thanks again for sharing these!

Is that it? Is that all there is? :D

Finally got through them, or almost, it froze up on 1178, maybe cause I stared at it so long. I have never seen a 2 door hard top Plymouth that vintage, heck I am not sure what it is. 50,51, 52? Really interesting trim on that car! Can't believe I have never seen one.

Now I get it, every picture was worth looking at, well except for the Chevy. I need to go clean the mess off of my keyboard now, thanks again for sharing these!

The 58 Chevy, the two Deuce Coupes, the Batmobile, and a few Christine 58 Plymouths and a few Dukes of Hazzard Chargers, were part of the Celebrity display where actors from American Graffitti (Paul Lamat & Cindy Williams), Christine, and Dukes of Hazzard were signing autographs. To get pictures of one of the 58 Plymouths I had to wait for John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) to move out of the way.

Thanks for taking the time to post all those pictures up..!! :salut:

The 58 Chevy, the two Deuce Coupes, the Batmobile, and a few Christine 58 Plymouths and a few Dukes of Hazzard Chargers, were part of the Celebrity display where actors from American Graffitti (Paul Lamat & Cindy Williams), Christine, and Dukes of Hazzard were signing autographs. To get pictures of one of the 58 Plymouths I had to wait for John Schneider (Dukes of Hazzard) to move out of the way.

You took pictures of some incredible cars, just beautiful. Big Block all black Dart GTS? Wow! On and on.

That is very interesting, loved the 58 Plymouth, but if I never see another General Lee charger, it won't bother me.

Back when Christine was a new movie, I was and had done a frame off on a 57 Fury. The timing was kind of strange, people were always calling my car Christine, even though it was creme white. I got to know the guy up in Montana, Neil Freeman, who said he sold over 20 cars to the Christine movie makers. He said he was misled by them, as to their intentions with the cars.

Photobuckets server must be smoking by now....just clicked on the link and my crappy pc just kind of stalled.....

-
Back