Carlisle Chrysler Nationals Carlisle, PA

-
Where can I get an alternator for my 68 dart? Broke down at Carlisle.
Did you check parts houses? Pep Boys Napa etc? Im sure the swap meet will be open today. Does anyone know how late the swap meet is open?

Last edited:
Seemed like half or more of the 67-69 Barracuda stock class were 383 cars. Have never seen that many in one place! Needed a week to to see it all and its not even that long!

Made it here ,not without minor controversey, but nonetheless made it. Anybody have a good 2 barrel carburetor for a 64 barracuda?

Well,
The rear main seal leak on the Dart gas returned. I am beyond frustrated. I have had this engine out 3 times already. I put the Superformance seal in and it worked great for several months but now the leak has returned and I had to have the Dart flatbeded home. I am currently in Larry's truck heading to Carlisle, I'll have fun but it's just not the same without your car Larry's brother Bob thinks it could be the fact that the Dart runs at 70 PSI at highway speeds and the high pressure coupled with the temperature caused the main seal to fail. He thinks I should go with a stock pump, what do you guys think?

Got my BB-Dave stickers today. He was an awesome resource and will be missed!

Thanks to Darrell!

0ED2C104-60AB-4D47-9E88-15CD17CD4EB2.jpeg

Last edited:
I called all the parts stores and nobody had one in stock. They could all get me one the next day. It didn't take me long to find one at the show. I saw one that looked pretty clean. The guy said try it out, if it doesn't work bring it back, if it works bring me back $35. It worked!

Anybody have a good lead on 64 Barracuda parts in the swap meet?
Gas cap,center grille ,arm rests,seats or?

Hi Keith, I'll be driving my green Scamp, parking in the same section as you - R110. It would be cool to meet! Harry
It
was great to meet you there! I did meet a few other new FABO folks. But their names have escaped my sun baked brain. Also hung out with a bunch I have gotten to know in the last several years.. Now home relaxing in the AC :thumbsup:

Had a great time again this year. Was a little different this year, being up on the hill in a sea of Neons.... Jake got the SRT-4 done the week before. Won a celebrity choice award that he is picking up today. His wife had to work fri/sat - it's her car. She is going in with him today to hang out and receive the award, and they found out this am, they also got 3rd place in their show class.
20190713_072736.jpg
20190713_074620.jpg
60707.jpeg
60930.jpeg

Well,
The rear main seal leak on the Dart gas returned. I am beyond frustrated. I have had this engine out 3 times already. I put the Superformance seal in and it worked great for several months but now the leak has returned and I had to have the Dart flatbeded home. I am currently in Larry's truck heading to Carlisle, I'll have fun but it's just not the same without your car Larry's brother Bob thinks it could be the fact that the Dart runs at 70 PSI at highway speeds and the high pressure coupled with the temperature caused the main seal to fail. He thinks I should go with a stock pump, what do you guys think?
Bummer, i actually looked for your car there and did not see it.
Weather was the mildest i have ever seen, not super hot, or rain.
I heard it dumped the rain on Friday.

Show was great this year! I thought we were in trouble after last. No spectators in the showfield. This year on fri. People everywhere. Alot of young people too. A ton of cars for sale compared to previous years. I was very pleased

Show was great this year! I thought we were in trouble after last. No spectators in the showfield. This year on fri. People everywhere. Alot of young people too. A ton of cars for sale compared to previous years. I was very pleased
More swappers than booth space. Overflow went to the car corral area. Great show.

-
Back