Carlisle Chrysler Nationals Carlisle, PA

-
More swappers than booth space. Overflow went to the car corral area. Great show.

Reports are lots of vendors left stuff , and they are now throwing in the trash. The truth is somewhere in the middle. I stayed away from the vendor area except to visit Dave’s Mopar parts and shake hands. Seems some maybe just trying to sell junk for riches and gave up. Had conversations with others that said “ not confirmed” Barracuda fenders for $250, seems reasonable but he said they were demanding no more than 150. Seems some were unhappy and likely due the amount of vendors, JMO.

Back home in Florida. Had a great time. What an awesome event. I will definitely be back next year. Couldn't ask for any better weather. Here's a few shots I took.
20190713_094254.jpg
20190713_094307.jpg
20190713_111029.jpg
20190713_114326.jpg
20190713_114354.jpg
20190713_114512.jpg
20190713_115031.jpg
20190713_115058.jpg
20190713_115042.jpg
20190713_141421.jpg

It
was great to meet you there! I did meet a few other new FABO folks. But their names have escaped my sun baked brain. Also hung out with a bunch I have gotten to know in the last several years.. Now home relaxing in the AC :thumbsup:
It was really cool to meet you as well! I headed back to Pittsburgh Sunday 11AM. I look forward to Chryslers @ Carlisle every year!

I think al the driver quality / unrestord cars were getting more attention than the trailer Queens.

I think al the driver quality / unrestord cars were getting more attention than the trailer Queens.
Definitely true for me! I love em all but I found myself lingering longer with those. There was plenty of them.

I haven't seen any pictures of the '69 440 'Cudas and Darts display at Carlisle. Did anyone take any pics of these entries? I'm just curious how many of them were there. I've only seen a pic of one 'Cuda (brown color), and I figure there must have been more than that displayed.

I haven't seen any pictures of the '69 440 'Cudas and Darts display at Carlisle. Did anyone take any pics of these entries? I'm just curious how many of them were there. I've only seen a pic of one 'Cuda (brown color), and I figure there must have been more than that displayed.
There were a few, some were in building T but there were many more A12 440/6 B-bodies in that area.

My first year in the show field. We had a great time, made a few friends and even managed to buy some hard to find parts.
I drove the cuda from La Plata, MD and made most of the way back but sadly had the rear u-joint failing so we went the last 33 miles on top of a roll back

There were a few, some were in building T but there were many more A12 440/6 B-bodies in that area.

My first year in the show field. We had a great time, made a few friends and even managed to buy some hard to find parts.
I drove the cuda from La Plata, MD and made most of the way back but sadly had the rear u-joint failing so we went the last 33 miles on top of a roll back
I did the trip as well, in my 67 cuda. It was an 8 hour ride, 530 miles each way. Only issues was a drive train vibration the whole way, but not to bad, plus an electrical fire under the dash while I was in Carlisle. The car was parked directly in the sun, windows up all day. I went to start the car and smoke started rolling out from the dash. I think some wiring melted, even the metal under the dash was extremely hot to the touch. Oddly enough, all my stock gauges were pegged as well. So, I pulled the dash out and unplugged the gauges, and then pulled fuses for everything I didn't need. That worked like a champ, and then I drove the 530 miles back home. I didn't have any gauges though, but temp and oil pressure where fine on the way in.
Roadkill style! lol

Glad you had a good trip. I meet some amazing folks as well, and it was sweet seeing so many 67-69 cuda's all in one place!

I did the trip as well, in my 67 cuda. It was an 8 hour ride, 530 miles each way. Only issues was a drive train vibration the whole way, but not to bad, plus an electrical fire under the dash while I was in Carlisle. The car was parked directly in the sun, windows up all day. I went to start the car and smoke started rolling out from the dash. I think some wiring melted, even the metal under the dash was extremely hot to the touch. Oddly enough, all my stock gauges were pegged as well. So, I pulled the dash out and unplugged the gauges, and then pulled fuses for everything I didn't need. That worked like a champ, and then I drove the 530 miles back home. I didn't have any gauges though, but temp and oil pressure where fine on the way in.
Roadkill style! lol

Glad you had a good trip. I meet some amazing folks as well, and it was sweet seeing so many 67-69 cuda's all in one place!
Ouch!
Sorry to hear that.
There's a fair bit about '67 and rally dash (what we have in the Barracudas) in the electrical forum. Take a look through there for diagrams etc.
Sounds like a wire may have rubbed against the metal dash frame.
Since your ammeter worked and you could run the car - the alternator and battery and ignition circuits weren't effected. So suspect will be the feed to the fuel gage and or other 'accessories' depending what else is working or not.

Barry posted a link (new thread) to Carlisle Event's Flickr Album from the event. I thought I saw more there but wasn't focused on them.
Carlisle 2019 - 1,799 photos taken by the Carlilse Events staff
and 'nother thread here. lol
Carlisle 2019 A-body section walk through

Ouch!
Sorry to hear that.
There's a fair bit about '67 and rally dash (what we have in the Barracudas) in the electrical forum. Take a look through there for diagrams etc.
Sounds like a wire may have rubbed against the metal dash frame.
Since your ammeter worked and you could run the car - the alternator and battery and ignition circuits weren't effected. So suspect will be the feed to the fuel gage and or other 'accessories' depending what else is working or not.
Yup, agreed. My fuel gauge had been acting crazy for a while. Sometimes it shows my fuel level, other times total at empty even with a full tank. I havent torn it apart yet since I've been home but will soon just to see what cooked. And now the car has a lovely fried electric odor when I hop in, lol. I really need to re-wire all the dash stuff. It doesn't look bad, but it is just old for sure.

Yup, agreed. My fuel gauge had been acting crazy for a while. Sometimes it shows my fuel level, other times total at empty even with a full tank. I havent torn it apart yet since I've been home but will soon just to see what cooked. And now the car has a lovely fried electric odor when I hop in, lol. I really need to re-wire all the dash stuff. It doesn't look bad, but it is just old for sure.
I had to go through the instrument voltage regulator replacement which is in the fuel gauge on a rally dash car like our barracudas. basically had to disable the voltage regulator in the gauge and wire an external solid state voltage regulator behind the instrument cluster, Fortunately mine went open so th gauges stopped working, if it shorted to full 12 volts your gauges can be damaged if it is not corrected in time.

I had to go through the instrument voltage regulator replacement which is in the fuel gauge on a rally dash car like our barracudas. basically had to disable the voltage regulator in the gauge and wire an external solid state voltage regulator behind the instrument cluster, Fortunately mine went open so th gauges stopped working, if it shorted to full 12 volts your gauges can be damaged if it is not corrected in time.
I have read about the voltage regulator in the fuel gauge, but forgot about that. At lunch I pulled my dash out but can't find any burnt wires. I'll look more at that gauge now though, see if thats what smoked.
Thanks for the info!

I have read about the voltage regulator in the fuel gauge, but forgot about that. At lunch I pulled my dash out but can't find any burnt wires. I'll look more at that gauge now though, see if thats what smoked.
Thanks for the info!
That gauge has three wires feeding in from the circuit board. One is 12 volt in, one is 6 volts out (this one feeds the other gauges) and the last is the sender wire.

Google it and there is a company that sells Solid state voltage regulators and I think they had the information of how to test your current unit and how to fix it.

That gauge has three wires feeding in from the circuit board. One is 12 volt in, one is 6 volts out (this one feeds the other gauges) and the last is the sender wire.

Google it and there is a company that sells Solid state voltage regulators and I think they had the information of how to test your current unit and how to fix it.
I think I'm going this route though. My gauges have been a problem since I've owned the car. Plus I like the looks of these aftermarket ones.

dash.jpg

Did you see the official event photos?
Carlisle 2019 - 1,799 photos taken by the Carlilse Events staff
Several in there.
Like this one.
48293943927_bbdfab34c2_k.jpg
2019 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals by Carlisle Events, on Flickr

-
Back