Carpet kits......

-

rgp266

Reaction score
Are carpet kits for '73-up A body cars compatoble with early A body cars? For example '73 Duster carpets in a '65 Valiant? I would like Cut Pile carpets for my Valiant rather than Loop Pile.
Thanks......
Bob

Valiant, and Duster has shorter wheel base than Dart, carpets may not inter change.

www.stockinteriors.com has cut pile for early A bodies. In fact, they have like 6 different types of carpet. Check 'em out.

Dang it David, ya beat me to it! :-D They also have amazing customer service, free samples in advance of your order, and great prices. I scored the entire carpet set for my Fastback (including the hard-to-find fastback area) for $250 and it included the shipping.

Forgot about stock interiors.com......damn alzheimers.....I will give them a shout.
Thanks....
Bob

Cudachick......how well that that carpet set fit? Especially the transmission hump area and where it climbs up the floor pan and transition to the sill area? I know it will require a bunch of trimming at the sills but they all do.
Spent two days getting the old carpet/pad out of there. Installer used Contact Adhesive on EVERTHING . Glued the pad to the floor, glued the carpet to the pad, everything 100% glued. Wore out 3 gasket scrapers getting the floor pans cleaned up and am still cleaning glue residue off the flloor pans. FYI.....Brake-Kleen does a good job disolving the Contact Glue so it can be scrubbed off with a rag, very little wire brushing required except tight spots. Michigan winters don't allow for great ventilation so I am cleaning the glue a small area at a time.
Bob

Bob, it took some trimming like all non-molded kits do but it wasn't any worse than I've seen before. It just takes patience, and a helper is handy to have too.

No, it's not molded. It is nicely sewn with finished edges where the front and back overlap under the front seats so it won't unravel or anything. A heat gun on the back as you form it around the tranny hump and edges helps it find its shape. In my opinion, it can't be beat for the price.

-
Back