Carpet the Trunk

-

HardRockR

Reaction score
Has anyone redone the trunk of they're duster. I have 15inch subs, want to enclose trunk area, just have a big square in middle where the spare is located. I want to put doors along the sides for my 3 amps. How many yards will I need? any suggestions on anything, anyone have pics.

Thanks in advance.

I carpeted a Magnum (79) truck. The big problem is getting a wide enuff rug to fit in or be forced to use 2 peices. I was lucky enuff to find a store that had a rug fit for trunk duty that had it on a 6ft wide roll. This is the tuff part.

You'll need to measure how deep the trunk is and how wide for your basic diamention, add at least 1 -1/2 foot to it since the trunk isn't flat. Better to have to much than not enuff. Over ets. the length is pennies compared to a re-purchase of more.

On my 66 Dart where the hump goes over the rear end i made a door that will hid my baby spare, my tools, Etc. on the pass. side i have a door hide my battery , on the driver side i also have a fold down door hidding my jack few other things. Ill try to get a picture and put on here if it will help.All the pictures i have are to big and I dont know how to resize them. Go to a regular (upolester)I know i misspelled that. shop with your measurements and they can help.

Jack, I use microsofts office picture manager to resize pictures. Web Large is a fine setting.

Has anyone redone the trunk of they're duster. I have 15inch subs, want to enclose trunk area, just have a big square in middle where the spare is located. I want to put doors along the sides for my 3 amps. How many yards will I need? any suggestions on anything, anyone have pics.

Thanks in advance.
I went to pepboys and bought their big roll of black carpeting. did my truck and side panels..even had some left over.

Thanks Jack, yeah if you could post some pictures that would be cool. Sure wish you had a duster so I could get some Ideas and deminsions.

I use cardboard boxes and cut them to the right dimensions, lay them in the trunk and use them as patterns for the carpet pyle material or rubber or whatever I'm using.

-
Back