carpet trim

-

440bigblock66

Family Black sheep
Reaction score
Does anyone know if anybody makes the aluminum or chrome trim pieces for along the floor for 66 barracuda.. thanks

I think I have seen some that go over the bottom of the door frame and onto the carpet on e-bay once in a while.

I think I have seen some that go over the bottom of the door frame and onto the carpet on e-bay once in a while.

66 and older a-body cars had a different sill plate. One goes on the metal door jam itself. The one the OP is asking about is called a "carpet hold down" and goes on the inside where the carper meets the inside jam/windlace seal.

I believe Laysons makes them both, I would contact/PM FABO member Rick@Laysons, he is a great guy to deal with and the only guy to deal with when it comes to Laysons, tell Rick "Keith" sent ya!! :glasses7:

On 66 and older cars there are actually 2 different plates in the door area, the carpet hold down and the sill plate. I've seen the carpet hold downs in one piece that go all the way back to the wheel well between the rear seat and the qtr. panel, and some i've seen have a small extension piece that finishes it back to the wheel well.

I have a bunch of used ones in decent shape if you just need some, but I do believe Keith is right, Laysons has both the sill plates and carpet hold downs in reproduction form!! Geof

Yes mine was 2 piece I want to go one piece. Thanks guys. I have been talking with Layson's on other body panel's

-
Back