carrying the front wheels

-

whit340

Reaction score
lets see your guys take on this .i was talkin to a couple guys bout my slant 6 duster. yada yada yada , then they got to a subject i was questioning? they were talking about the suspension being pretty light in the front end compared to that of a sb or a bb car. they talked about putting in a healthy big block and pulling the front wheels with the slant suspension since it was light ? not sure if i believe it or not , ive got mixed feelings on the subject

I don't know but I would think With good traction and a "healthy big block" You should be able to pull the front wheels with any front suspesion.

YEP! The suspension has to be set up for it or you'll just need more power. Alot more.

The only thing that would be lighter would be the torsion bars, and that weight difference would be probably less than a pound. The radiator will be slightly smaller, but, if you put in a healthy big block, you'll probably need to upgrade the torsion bars and rad, so you're right back to the same weight as any other A body. All other front end parts weigh the same regardless of the engine size.

The weight issue is one of the reasons wheel toters like the early K/H disc brakes. Thats about the only lighter factory parts.

The only thing that would be lighter would be the torsion bars, and that weight difference would be probably less than a pound. The radiator will be slightly smaller, but, if you put in a healthy big block, you'll probably need to upgrade the torsion bars and rad, so you're right back to the same weight as any other A body. All other front end parts weigh the same regardless of the engine size.
i agree, i dont think the weight of the suspension makes any difference, my dart has all of the original slant six stuff up front and a big block and it doesnt pull the wheels, pulling the wheels with a big block is more an issue of traction imho..

I agree with oldvart on that. weight difference maybee a pound. I say put aluminum ft. wheels and lighter tires. If you put a big block in a car with 6 t bars it'll drag the ground. A small block they'll work.

-
Back