Cars are not meant for this.

-
i want to know what makes someone look at these rims and say "damn, 26's would look awesome on a (insert you medium coupe here)"

Maybe some people should't be allowed to think out of the BOX!!!!!!

I wish they would save this treatment for just Impalas.

Please no. I see them on too many impalas. How about Mercedes or Fords?

*this request is not influenced by the fact that I own a 96 caprice at all. ever. never. not even a chance. no way.
**kidding, I hate seeing those on impalas/caprices when I'm driving mine and then I wince and look away.

You oughr to check out Donk magazine.Makes that look tasteful..(LOL!)

They should call it "DONKEY" (or JACKASS!!!). I have been to the New Orleans area three times in the past 4 years on mission trips. Every year there are bigger wheels and more stores/garages selling them (one every other crossroads). Most of the cars they are on aren't worth 10% of what they paid for the hoops and skins!!!!!!! On the way to the airport last June, I saw an electric blue 84 Coupe DeVille you needed a rope ladder to get into!!!! CRAAAAZZZZZYYYYYYYY!!!!!

I'm pretty sure my '84 D50 has a tighter turning radius than those cars. And the lil D50 is running 40x17-15" Tires (Actually it has a great turning radius, not quite as good as stock, but definitely better than a Stock Dakota and some cars)

The beauty of it is, My truck now has a bigger (pun intended and at the same time, not intended) purpose.... "Whoops, I'm sorry, I didn't see your ridiculous car and now my dodge ate it for breakfast" :D

Reminds me of earlier this summer when I was driving my '74 Duster and some guy in an S10 pulled up beside me. Huge Fugly Rims with Rubber Bands for Tires and a Faux Blower sticking up out of the hood and started revving his engine. My Duster has no call outs or stripes on it, just a set of 340 Tips under the rear bumper.

I was never much for street racing, but I figured i'd see how much i could embarrass the guy without trying or breaking laws. Meanwhile he's just screaming the small block that's in the S10, The light turned green and I slapped the shifter from Neutral to 1st and eased out with minimal throttle. Slapped it into 2nd and gave it some more throttle.... Hmmm, where'd my "buddy" in the S10 go? Oh there he is in the rear-view mirror :finga: :burnout:

I was howling with laughter at the next light and the guy in the S10 wouldn't look me in the eye, he quickly turned down a side street.

Or the time a young kid (i use the term loosely since i'm in my early 20's... but i don't like to be affiliated with most people from the same generation for obvious reasons) in a 60's Mustang kept trying to make me feel like crap, I ran out of gas a redlight (damn sending unit/gauge is funky, 1/4 tank is empty, slightly above 1/4 tank is full) He kept driving past me (and then turning around to make another pass) and laughing. I got pictures of it somewhere, he had huge rims and a fart can exhaust tip on the stang.

My dad and the local volunteer fire chief showed up with gas and we got the Duster fired up as the guy in the Mustang was making another pass... The look on his face was priceless when my 340 rumbled to life and the entire car shook from the nasty lope. He tried to light up his tires to show how nasty his car was, but instead stalled the engine not once, not twice but four times :eek:ops: :D

i hope the spinners fly off, boomerang back through the drivers window and decapitate the owner...
Hopefully there will be a video camera if it does happen.....

You oughr to check out Donk magazine.Makes that look tasteful..(LOL!)
And you are looking at that trash because???? :violent1:

I'm pretty sure my '84 D50 has a tighter turning radius than those cars. And the lil D50 is running 40x17-15" Tires (Actually it has a great turning radius, not quite as good as stock, but definitely better than a Stock Dakota and some cars)

The beauty of it is, My truck now has a bigger (pun intended and at the same time, not intended) purpose.... "Whoops, I'm sorry, I didn't see your ridiculous car and now my dodge ate it for breakfast" :D

Reminds me of earlier this summer when I was driving my '74 Duster and some guy in an S10 pulled up beside me. Huge Fugly Rims with Rubber Bands for Tires and a Faux Blower sticking up out of the hood and started revving his engine. My Duster has no call outs or stripes on it, just a set of 340 Tips under the rear bumper.

I was never much for street racing, but I figured i'd see how much i could embarrass the guy without trying or breaking laws. Meanwhile he's just screaming the small block that's in the S10, The light turned green and I slapped the shifter from Neutral to 1st and eased out with minimal throttle. Slapped it into 2nd and gave it some more throttle.... Hmmm, where'd my "buddy" in the S10 go? Oh there he is in the rear-view mirror :finga: :burnout:

I was howling with laughter at the next light and the guy in the S10 wouldn't look me in the eye, he quickly turned down a side street.

Or the time a young kid (i use the term loosely since i'm in my early 20's... but i don't like to be affiliated with most people from the same generation for obvious reasons) in a 60's Mustang kept trying to make me feel like crap, I ran out of gas a redlight (damn sending unit/gauge is funky, 1/4 tank is empty, slightly above 1/4 tank is full) He kept driving past me (and then turning around to make another pass) and laughing. I got pictures of it somewhere, he had huge rims and a fart can exhaust tip on the stang.

My dad and the local volunteer fire chief showed up with gas and we got the Duster fired up as the guy in the Mustang was making another pass... The look on his face was priceless when my 340 rumbled to life and the entire car shook from the nasty lope. He tried to light up his tires to show how nasty his car was, but instead stalled the engine not once, not twice but four times :eek:ops: :D
Priceless....:burnout::burnout::burnout:

Only one thing worse and that's the booming sound usually coming out of them.........

Only one thing worse and that's the booming sound usually coming out of them.........

Agreed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for an awesome stereo system, but that's just wrong on so many levels. I'd rather hear my music, not feel it :D

Speaking of which, Last summer I had a guy in a Monte Carlo pull up beside me blasting that booming stuff and he yells over at me "Turn That S*** Down!" (I was playing Sabbath on my stereo in the Duster) That takes balls to blast that booming stuff so windows rattle 3 blocks away and then to tell someone else to turn down their stereo?! And it wasn't even that loud,I had it turned up enough that I could hear the music over the rumble of the 340, but quiet enough to hold a conversation.

A friend was riding 'shotgun' and I turned to him and said. "I think that guy wants to communicate with us..." (ever seen the jim carey movie "The Mask"? "I think he wants to communicate..") I promptly changed tracks on the CD Changer (ironically enough, the next song was Wasp - The Headless Children) and spun the volume knob up. 10 Channels of Stereo started playing the screaming guitar intro to The Headless Children :glasses7:

The guy beside us gave us the finger and started yelling and acting like a dbag.. Not that I could hear what he was saying :finga: I think he got the message cause he turned off his own stereo and went in a different direction. Why is it that my car attracts all kinds of idiots? I never have this problem when I drive one of my trucks.

I am at a loss for words.
Nahhh not really, I never am. Big wheels are just stupid.
Now if you would excuse me, I have to install the Lambo door kit on my Dart.

Makes me wonder how he even got them on. My first thought was how does he turn it? Looks like it would peel the fender as soon as you turn the wheel. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

To ink,Cause no new Mopar mags at the stand.I was bored,and needed a laugh.Cool enough?.

Sadly, I want to put lambo doors on my caprice. They look cool if done right to the right car. And despite being a 4 door, impalas/caprice's look good if that is done without massive donkage done to them.

Looks like someone purchased an expensive car and rims while living 7 deep in a 2 bedroom apartment. The factory wheels appeared to be sitting on the side of the freaking road. To each his own I reckon.

Hey its there way of saying "Look at me bro I'm rich" but theres better ways to invest then look like a jackass to the whole world,:banghead: That just looks awful.

It wasn't very nice of you to make me look at that.

So, now you have to look at this, Sorry

Attachments

• IMG_20110910_135614.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 110
ok you might give me crap but some chevs look good on 16 to 18in five spokes anything bigger looks like crap

I'm working a job away from home right now, been in Macon GA for the last 10 weeks, and man they love the Big wheels down here. I see them everywhere.

Cant wait to get back home to Colorado, but I have another 4-6 weeks to go.

-
Back