Cars vs. Cars

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
Which version do you guys like better, the original Gary Numan version or the fear factory version ?

I first discovered the song with the fear factory version because it came out in 1999 so I remember hearing it as a teen in the early 2000s and at the time I had no idea there was an older version, so I am a little biased to the newer one however the original is pretty good too!!

This song is my theme song because what better thing in life is there to sing about other than cars? Unless you believe in all that love bologna. Cars never turn you in and it is a constant in life.

I never knew there was a remake. I always liked the original of course, but danged if they didn't do a good job on it. I like that one, too. Thank you for sharing.

I can remember hearing the original on the radio & seeing the video for the second one on MTV.

Love does exist, even if it is only for cars to some.

This one was playing on the radio a lot (Pirate Radio, Less music by dead guys was their motto) when my little sister was preparing for graduation from college in Long Beach, CA.

I like the original, but I'm from that era - the Fear Factory version is good, too.

But seriously, Rainy, how is this version not your favorite? ;-)

The original for me, I remember sitting in my first car and listing to it, every time I hear it it takes me back. I love all the late 70's early 80's synth stuff.

I was a fan of Gary Numan's earlier work before I heard "Cars".

My theme song is "Headin' Out To The Highway". (used to also be "You Don't Have To Be Old To Be Wise", but that one doesn't apply any more)

Last edited:
Which version do you guys like better, the original Gary Numan version or the fear factory version ?

I first discovered the song with the fear factory version because it came out in 1999 so I remember hearing it as a teen in the early 2000s and at the time I had no idea there was an older version, so I am a little biased to the newer one however the original is pretty good too!!

This song is my theme song because what better thing in life is there to sing about other than cars? Unless you believe in all that love bologna. Cars never turn you in and it is a constant in life.

Numan.

"Turn you in" for what?:D

Cars and love both in one song.

I’m old enough to remember the original when it came out, but the remake is well done, too

Thought the thread was going to be about demolition derbies. LOL

Original for me.

I had never heard the Fear Factory version before.
Both are excellent, but i do like the synthesizer more in the original version.
It's almost a toss up..............lol

The Re-make was really good,but I grew up on the original. So I think I like that one. Thanks for posting brings back a bunch of memories.

I had never heard the Fear Factory version before.
Both are excellent, but i do like the synthesizer more in the original version.
It's almost a toss up..............lol
I did not even no who fear factory was. Thought we were talking about going to work! Hah! Original for me but remake is not bad at all.

-
Back