Cars you always wanted, but never admitted to...

-
This 'wish list' thread sort of dispels the notion that Mopar people hate brand X. I wonder if such a thread was started on one of the Chevy or Ford sites what the results would be. I don't belong to any sites that are non-Mopar. If I did, I'd pose the question just to see the outcome.

This 'wish list' thread sort of dispels the notion that Mopar people hate brand X. I wonder if such a thread was started on one of the Chevy or Ford sites what the results would be. I don't belong to any sites that are non-Mopar. If I did, I'd pose the question just to see the outcome.

That's a great question. Seriously, this is the only social website,I comment on. The guys I grew up with( high school era), pretty much are Chev only( mainly Camaros... .) , & have stayed that way. I bounce all over, between import /domestic/different brands.It's a car thing, not a brand thing.(for me)

I always likes 55 Chevys as far as I can remember probably because of Two Lane Blacktop and American Graffitti ( I think its the same car but hey painted it for Graffitti).

I like clean body styles like 64-65 Chevelle. I also liked the 65 Fairlane. I think that's why I like my 70 Dart,( That and the drivetrain) they really do have a nice clean square body style like the mid 60's Ford and Chevy intermediates.

smokey and the bandit trans am...shhhhhh...lol

Did anybody mention the Starsky and Hutch Torino? From the same era as Smokey and the Bandit. I had a chance to buy a 76 Trans Am once, same paint scheme as Smokey but with round headlights. It needed a front clip, at the time I had nowhere to park a wrecked car so I had to let it pass. That was one that "got away".

I have a barracuda notchback in the yard and one time someone stopped by to ask if the "corvair" was for sale :pale:

Hmm, funny I don't think a Barracuda looks anything like a Corvair. If the person was older, maybe their eyesight was going on them LOL!

Now that I think about it, the 66-69 Corvair coupe may have a similar roofline, but that is reaching pretty far .

I almost bought a 76 S&H torino with a 460.

I like the 70/71 and even the 72 fastback styling much better, though.

I admit to both freely, though.

eagle1_2.jpg

You guys are not getting it, too many badass valuable cars anybody in their right mind would admit they would live to have. I'd question the sanity of anybody not wanting 1/2 these cars!
I look back in my life to the cars I drooled over, tried to figure out ways to pay for, but now could easily buy but pass on.
In 1986 I wanted a Dodge Daytona
In 1988 I wanted a new Vette.
in 1990 I wanted a Olds 442 based on the Calais.
in 1993 I wanted a 5.0 convertable
in 1995 I wanted a Eagle Vision Esi

All I can think now is thank God I didn't buy any of them new, but still secretly want them now that I could get the entire list for $10k LOL!

these are very hard to find in the U.S. but I have always had a thing for these. I have admitted it before though

Attachments

• 1966_Saab_95_Red_Wagon_For_Sale_resize.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 178
I have no shame. If I like sumpin, I admit it. That said, some brand X stuff I like is:
Skinny-bumper Pintos (70-73). Thinkin 351 and a toploader.
Skinny-bumper Vegas (71-73). Wonder if a 472 Caddy motor would fit?
Skinny-bumper Maverick / Comet (70-73). With a 429 or 460 and a C6, would rock.
Late 60s- early 70s MG. Built SB Mopar and an 833.
Opel GT. Built SB Mopar. Opel Manta would be okay.
55 Chevy 2 door post. Thinkin 392 Hemi. Gasser style. Straight axle. Oh yeah!
Datsun 240 or 260 Z car. A Mopar small block would move this nicely.
A Crosley wagon would be pretty cool with an SRT-4 Neon powertrain. In the rear.

I like 67-68 Stangs.
I think a 5.0 5 speed fox body Stang would be a fun beater.
I like 66-67 Fairlanes.
I like 68-69 Fairlanes and Torinos.
67-69 Cougars are cool.
Does this make me a closet Ford guy? I hope not. After all this thinkin and the concern that maybe I'm kinda into Fords, I am going to seek counseling.

When I had enough of throwing my money away on my race car's , I am going build one of these. Always loved them ! Either a Dune buggy or a Factory 5 33

I have been looking real hard at the Factory 5 kits.
A buddy of mine has a 5.0 5-speed GT mustang convertible that I can buy for 2K.
So most of the doner stuff will be cheap to get it moving.

I have been looking real hard at the Factory 5 kits.
A buddy of mine has a 5.0 5-speed GT mustang convertible that I can buy for 2K.
So most of the doner stuff will be cheap to get it moving.

I wrecked a 86 GT ragtop, a few years back. Sold the drivetrain ,to a gent who built a Factory 5 kit. For the price, I was impressed by the kit quality. If I had the initial cash,I would do one.

-
Back