Cars you always wanted, but never admitted to...

-
at least its a 2 door unlike the new dart and it can be had with a 5 speed and a really cool TDI option.

There is a guy driving around town here with one the same color.
Get this it has a step side blue truck bed on it off a s-10 or a ranger.
It actually looks almost factory.

I think the only car I really want is my 71 challenger that I bought when I was a freshman in college, Blue with a blue interior.
Owned it for 11 years and foolishly sold it.
It was the first car that I ever bought, I only drove it on pretty days.

Already have mine. 1969 Nova SS with a 500 cubic inch / 8.2 Liter pontiac 455 block out of a wrecked GTO Judge. The Nova was bought as a documented SS roller so I was able to use whatever i want as the original driveline was gone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 258
What non-Mopars do I kind of wish I had bought new?

(In addition to plenty of Mopars.....NOT instead of.....)

'69 AMC Hurst SC/Rambler - "A" paint scheme
'69 AMC AMX 390 Go-Pak 4-spd - Matador Red w/Wht stripes
'69 Pontiac GTO Judge Ram Air III 4-spd - Carousel Red (orange)
'68 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 non-RS - Sequoia Green Metalic w/Wht stripes
'69 Chevrolet Chevelle 300 327-350 4-speed - Olympic Gold
'68 Olds F85 Club Coupe Ram Rod 350 4-speed - Red
'66 Ford Mustang GT 2+2 fastback 289 Hi-Po 4-spd - Silver Frost w/Blk GT stripes
'69 Ford Torina Cobra (notchback) 428 SCJ 4-spd Drag Pack - Raven Black
'70 Boss 302 Mustang - Grabber Orange

'69 Corvette, must have 427 Tr-Power, factory side pipes, Fathom Green with saddle interior. I've wanted one exactly like this for at least 40 years!
996745.jpg
My uncle's best friend in high school had a green '69 Corvette, except his was a L-88 427. This was in the mid 70's (class of '76). He had it up until the early 2000's, then raffled it off to raise money to start a flooring business.

Surprised at the Fiero love. In the same category, a VW Corrado...but since I have no probs admitting that one, it doesn't count.

But another weird one I still lust for...Type III VW squareback.

vw-squareback-wagon04.jpg

My uncle's best friend in high school had a green '69 Corvette, except his was a L-88 427. This was in the mid 70's (class of '76). He had it up until the early 2000's, then raffled it off to raise money to start a flooring business.
An L-88 would be O.K. too! Unfortunately, nice restored cars like this seem to be going for around $100K these days.

An L-88 would be O.K. too! Unfortunately, nice restored cars like this seem to be going for around $100K these days.
I hear you on that! I really feel lucky now that, as a teenager in the 80's (class of '90) I was fortunate to be around a lot of cars that are now pretty high dollar and I would never be able to afford. First muscle car I rode in was a 1970 GTO convertible 455 4 speed, I think only around 200 of those were made. First muscle car I drove was a 1971 442 W30 convertible. Don't know how many of those were made, but the owner told me that there were only 20-30 left, that was in 1988.

1947 Chrysler New Yorker 3 Window Business Coupe

Attachments

• 1947 Chrysler Coupe Kustom01.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 1947 Chrysler Coupe Kustom02.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 223
1957 Ramber Rebel, had a chance to get a fixer upper too Buuut didn't happen
And 68 or 70 charger and 1969 mustang coupe

My uncle's best friend in high school had a green '69 Corvette, except his was a L-88 427.
This was in the mid 70's (class of '76).
I didn't have an L-88 but I did have a '72 LT-1 Corvette - solid lifter 350 came new with an
aluminum hi-rise and dual feed Holley (Z-28 motor). That's my little brother Dave (Weeb)
with the car in my Dad's driveway around 1975.

JLCars1c2.jpg

I didn't have an L-88 but I did have a '72 LT-1 Corvette - solid lifter 350 came new with an
aluminum hi-rise and dual feed Holley (Z-28 motor). That's my little brother Dave (Weeb)
with the car in my Dad's driveway around 1975.

JLCars1c2.jpg

Those LT-1's would really run. This same uncle - his first car was a 70 1/2 LT-1 Camaro. He bought it off a used car dealer lot. That afternoon, his dad (my grandfather) asked for the keys. He took it out, came back, and told him he had to take it back - too fast. My uncle returned it and got a '72 351C Mach 1 instead.

Well, I always wanted my Dad's 78 Chevy 2+2 Monza Spider 4 speed....it only had the v6, but it was a fun car until it blew apart when i was 5 or 6. Sat for 10-15 years before he donated it to goodwill. Always liked that car and now I found out that in 78, only 750 of them were made with the spider package and the options his had, which is low by chevy terms. Right now, you cant find them for under 7000 in project shape, most were cut up for drag cars.

Vehicle I have always wanted is a '72 Bronco half cab. Has to be a '72 as that was the last year of the half cab and also the year I was born. Maybe some day...

I've always wanted a 1958 Plymouth Belvedere Sport Coupe. Dream on!

Already have mine. 1969 Nova SS with a 500 cubic inch / 8.2 Liter pontiac 455 block out of a wrecked GTO Judge. The Nova was bought as a documented SS roller so I was able to use whatever i want as the original driveline was gone.

That Nova , is flat bitchin'... Some really cool stuff, guys & gals. The Feiro love is cool, oddballs rock. ( love the Fee -Dub square back, b.t.w.)..

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would "never admit to" wanting a 427 corvette.

GM "fishbowl" transit bus.

-
Back