cars you junked but maybe should not have

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i know we have all scraped cars but are there any that if you could go back in time you would have kept?

i used to think that C-bodies were a source of Vitamin C and 440s for my A-bodies so i used to excise the big blocks and get rid of the rest .....I DONT DO THAT ANYMORE. sometimes it was hard to know what to keep when cars were in abundance and you cant save everything.

but what have you guys scrapped that now your thinking you should not have?

Attachments

• CIMG00101 (597).jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 497
  • IMAG0083.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 497
  • IMAG0082.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 495
  • CIMG7690.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 480
  • CIMG7612.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 495
  • CIMG3616.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 498
  • CIMG3610.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 480
  • CIMG3597.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 489
  • CIMG00101 (603).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 471
I scrapped a nice driving 71 cuda because the trunk floor was rotted in 1991.
Sold everything off it, still have a few parts.
Sad thing is the frame rails were really nice, exterior body had decent paint and the black interior was super nice.
Stupid
I had plenty of storage space for the car. It could have been sitting in the same spot rotting here today in the "cars left for dead thread"

Even to this day I could have kept it.

Bought a 70 2 door Swinger for $75 around 1988.. Think I sold it for $100 because it had a 6cyl.. Didn't scrap it but I'm sure that's where it ended up.. About 5 years ago I scrapped a 85 K-5 Military Blazer. Not a Mopar but hate that I scrapped it..

forgot one ....i been told that this one was a rare beast bcoz it was high optioned with bucket seats and console but i didnt think about rarity at the time

Attachments

• CIMG1107.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 477
  • CIMG2096 (2).jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 472
Back in my NAS Miramar Navy days, I bought a 67 GTX body with part of the engine and heads, Dana 60. No title, and I didn't pay much. Pulled some parts, swapped the rear axle between the 67 and my '64, and made the car look "there."

Towed it over to the auto impound lot on the base, where who knows it might still be there, LOL.

Not that it was worth anything, but I regret hauling my 75 Duster Custom to the junk yard. It was a 318, 3 speed, bench seat with the space duster option. I kick myself now because I could have used the k-member, disc brakes and rear end in my 67 Dart.

I have had over 75 Mopars since I was 15. A lot went away, some sold some parted some still here. Had a couple of Formula S Barracudas, a 66 and a 68 Notch I wished I had not parted. But the one I think about was a 67 Coronet R/T. Tripple Black, 440 Magnum, Auto. Didn't have a title but I didn't try to get it either. Wasn't stolen, a GI left it and I paid storage fee. Still have the engine though.

1967 AMC Ambassador with a 290 typhoon and a bench seat that folded into a bed. Had the Pioneer super tuner (under dash) with mind blower speakers with the power amp.
I was the man

I don't like this thread...
I hear you loud and clear.
Brings back painful memories of first selling my 72 satellite.Second selling a gutted drag car I believe it was a 67 dart or Coronet,I didn't know cars at 16 that I do now.And third which rubs me a little came home from school to find my grandfather scrapped my 68 Coronet:protest: because it was sitting in his 20 acre goat lot :violent1:.It was complete but rough.

all these cars were junked during the late 70's early 80s by my dad and I.
71 charger, 63 and 65 2 door darts, 72 duster and 68 fury vip. looking back we were stupid. I still have my 67 fastback, that's the only one that mattered to me.
my wife is gonna bury me in it. lol

had a feather duster that I think was also a spirit of 76 car. sounds like a rare-ish combo. it was shot, the interior was missing hood and trunk were gone. Picked all the 4 speed parts for my car. picked every last thing that was good on it off. Sent it off to the scrap yard. Made out really good on that car as it only cost 200 bucks. I don't beat myself up over it because i never actually ran the numbers on it. It was definitely a feather duster though.

Rani, i've junked few other brands, but no Mopars. I sold them, but where the ended up is anyone guess. 71' Scamp, 69' Coronet, 72' Duster?

'72 Demon 340 4-speed.....I kept some of the 4-speed parts, the conversion hump is in my car, the 8 3/4 is in my friend Chris's car.

And I sent a '73 Dart 2-door to the scrapper. I saw it on ebay almost 10 years to the day later, and went bought my old license plate back.

Rani, i've junked few other brands, but no Mopars. I sold them, but where the ended up is anyone guess. 71' Scamp, 69' Coronet, 72' Duster?

the newport in pics 3,4,and 5 was a running driving car 40K mile car ...i had it for sale for a complete year for 1k (would have gone down to 800) .......paid for newspaper ads and an ebay ad (80 bucks) .....in a years time, i had ONE guy come out and offer 250 dollars for the car as a drive away.

thats why the 440 is in my dart now and why that happened ......C-bodies have a horrible market and make it easy to do this .....even still though im wishing i would have kept it together, but at the time i was beyond my capacity for storage and something had to give

the 440 got saved

Attachments

• CIMG8453.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 396
Scrapped three 999 paint code 66 barracudas, 1 was even a formula s 999 code. Have scrapped a lot of early a bodies that I couldn't sell for much of anything but wish someone could have restored.

I scraped a 1970 valiant duster ,1/2 year car . It was my first car when I was 15 and when the torsion bar went thru the frame . I scraped it , Not knowing it was a rare car up here in Ontario . The next was my 73 dart sport doing low elevens on the track . It was my everyday driver and got rid of it when the wife was pregnant with our first born ( who happens to be 24 now). Just got a 71 swinger . I'm hoping to find enough time to start this year , so it will be on the road next summer

If you decide you'd like it, even though it may have been done. A thread about the one's that you passed on might be cool also. I have some from Mopar's, to a few other brands that still make me sick to my stomach that I didn't jump on, even today. $$$

back in the mid-80s, a '68 Mustang coupe- wasn't really much wrong with it. but didn't have any place to keep it. Would love to have it back now in the same condition.

I bought this 72 for 500 bucks and stripped it clean and sold the shell for scrap, obviously it was beyond repair as the frame was bent
2w4e8h3.jpg

15 years ago I junked a 72 duster cause the 1/4s were rusted out.Somebody slap me.

66 mustang, had someone offer me more for the perfect pony interior that i had in the car. 69 road runner, 440 4 gear with a dana. 71 dart, 318 a/c small holes in the quarters. 75 duster, rusty quarters. 83 ford ranger 4x4 that a 302/c4 in it, just beat it to death. 70 lemans, 455 ram air motor, after sliding it sideways into what i thought was a snow pile (was ice) it was just to tweaked, literally, to fix

Helped scrap with a friend about 25+ - 69 road runners, took every nut and bolt off of them. One of them was a yellow, glass hood 440-6, dana car. In the late 70's could get them for $1-300 all day long.

Myself a 1969 340 GTS and a 71 loaded satellite sebring plus, vit-c, 383 car. On that one I took the motor only and put it in the 340 car, while I rebuilt the 440 for it. and sent the body to the bone orchard. They were not desirable cars in the early 80's.

there have been a few 340 cars i wish didn't get scrapped...i keep fender tags too.i pulled this one off a duster at the scrap yard...car was already smashed and still had a shark tooth grille!made me sick....that was 15 or so years ago.

Attachments

• tender fag.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 401
-
Back