carshow pics

-

tobysoldblue

tobysoldblue
Reaction score
From Henderson NC this past weekend.It was based around some of the legends of drag racing,like Big Daddy Don Garlitts.There were quite a few Old drag cars,and there drivers/owers.I got to meet Don Garlitts in person,as well as Hemi Fred,the current driver of the true,Sox and Martin duster these days,employed by Ronnies wife,wich i also got to meet,and speak to.Every one of the folks i met,were extremely nice,and ready to talk about there cars/careers,mopars,what ever,for as long as you wanted.Its as close to meeting someone famous that i have ever come to so far.Hope you like the pics.

henderson nc carshow 006.jpg

henderson nc carshow 007.jpg

henderson nc carshow 008.jpg

henderson nc carshow 009.jpg

henderson nc carshow 010.jpg

henderson nc carshow 011.jpg

henderson nc carshow 013.jpg

henderson nc carshow 014.jpg

Kool pics. I,ve got a cast iron MoparMissile thats about as close as I,ll ever get.Love the Sox and Martin car,Beautiful!!

Wow Toby....great pix.......thanks for taking the time to share. :cheers:

You sure got to go to a great show Tobysoldblue.:cheers:
And thank you for the great pictures you took and the time it does
take to share them with us :clock:

grasshopper :toothy10:

Way cool pics Toby... that had to be fun to see. Thanks for sharing those pics with us. I love to see and meet the Legends of drag racing. I recently got to meet Tommy Ivo and have a short chat with him. I also have met "Flathead Jack" who is a vintage flathead racer that still building his rail cars. Cool to see the old stuff.

-RPM

Thanks for sharing. I love all of them but those old Gassers and Alterd cars were only to be driven by men with solid steel gonads. They put on a show that was the end of them. They were deemed too dangerous with all that Hemi power and wheel bases less than 100 ".

-
Back