Carter Thermoquad question

-

Daniel Dugas

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I have a carter thermoquad I just picked up. I am trying to figure out details like the CFM of it. The number is 9377s. If anyone has any details I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!!

But this looks like a pretty big carb. I searched the internet and couldn’t find anything so maybe it’s an aftermarket carb.

If the number is 93XX, it is not aftermarket.
The big 850 cfm has 1.5" pri bores; the smaller 800 cfm has 1.375"pri bores. So easy to tell which size.
There were some Ford 429/460s I believe that used the TQ; also IH used them on trucks. I had a IH carb here recently; the fuel inlet was in the centre rear of the carb. Mopar carbs have the fuel inlet, rear, pass side.

Nope Not a aftermarket unless 98xx number.
Never 93xx number
They all Look Big.
All 93 numbers are late emission carbs

If the number is 93XX, it is not aftermarket.
The big 850 cfm has 1.5" pri bores; the smaller 800 cfm has 1.375"pri bores. So easy to tell which size.
There were some Ford 429/460s I believe that used the TQ; also IH used them on trucks. I had a IH carb here recently; the fuel inlet was in the centre rear of the carb. Mopar carbs have the fuel inlet, rear, pass side.
It’s number was 9377s(or something close). The similar numbers were all mopar carbs

C009B97A-4F8A-4FCA-9C48-AACEFC165B59.jpeg

Measure the throttle bore and that will tell you the size. After that you can change the calibration to what an early performance carb came with.

If the front throttle blades are stamped 314, it’s the big one. If they are stamped 315, it’s the small one.

-
Back