cast iron W2 intake?

-
Yea, these are what I call Saturday night specials. Think claimer Dirt Track racing. This is why I'm a Mopar guy! They also make these in a cast iron 2bbl. version for the W-2 heads. These were made for track rules, where you have to have a cast iron intake.

Kinda neat, I wish they used the LA water neck and by pass house instead of the magnum on though.

Something don't seem right, like rectangle ports that fit a W-2 (OVAL PORT HEAD!!!!!!)
No MP label on it. It looks like a dead stocker to me. Crappy pictures.

Mike is right about the cast iron W-2 intakes. They do infact come in 4bbl and 2bbl versions. OR did.

I emailed him for a part number. Look at were the egr valve would be though, Its not machined. and thats a magnum engine thermostats hole

Is this relatively new? I remember cast iron 2- & 4-barrel intakes for W2s (in the old DC book) but I don't remember any with rectangle ports (especially for the Magnums).

I haven't seen'en, or payed atten. to them since there not for me. I do not race with restricted 2bbl. rules or a must use cast iron intake.

But I remember seeing them a few years back. Great slick trick by MoPar for putting them out just top get around the must have cast iron rule.

I saw that and all most emailed the guy with the auction. I have a feeling that intake isnt in high demand and theres dealers looking to clear them out of they have them.

This intake with some nice 300cfm W2s on a 408 stroker would make a killer sleeper. :wink:

p5249193 2 bbl carb, cast iron,dual plane,rectangle port, W2 heads. 229.95
p5249194 4 bbl carb,cast iron,dual plane,rectangle port, W2 heads. 229.95

Holy crap, there it is. Good find!

Still, rectangle port W-2 intake??????

Looks like W5s have the rectangular ports, do they use the same intake.

Seems kind of dumb to use a iron intake on aluminum heads.

I'm always stunned by what's made for roundy round. But it's expected. Here's what you do.

Step
1. read rule book
2. figure out how they promote all cheb parts
3. figure out how to play off your mopar as a cheb
4. get blind drunk and figure out what odd parts aren't made yet so you can race
5. realize the next morning that between drinkin and racin there is no way to afford anything but a cheb
6. race your mopar against them with factory stock parts and get complained about and torn down
7. I don't think there could be a end to this list but I'll stop now

MANY heavily ported W2s have rectangular ports. I've seen a bunch of W2s with rectagular ports, whether it be drag racers or roundy-round guys. I have a set of Batten heads with massive rectagular ports that I got from a dirt track guy. Bob Glidden's heads from the 70s pro stock cars were rectangular, Dennis Maurer's ported W2s are rectangular.

And yes, a W5 has the same bolt pattern, but with rectangular ports, so it could be used on both. Of course, this intake wouldn't be something to bolt to a set of as-cast W2s.

Tom, damn your cool. LOL Good answer and dead on I have to add.

LOL at the 64 darts wagons reply. Aint it the truth.

I guess that if you had to run a cast iron intake and had W-2's, it is better than not competeing. The intake is factory styled with hairy bends. I bet it would be fine on a short track. Not that I would know.

-
Back