Cat Pics

-
Jade and Ruby (sisters) are inseparable.

IMG_4902.jpeg

I get such a kick out of my silly cat , he was running around last night full speed up stair down stairs . what a nut

View attachment 1716093089
I have one that does that every night after i feed them all. Most of them find a good spot lay down and clean themselves not Azlon he has to show me fast he is. He has his own racetrack. All the others watch him like he is crazy!

I picked up this little thing from a foster home this past Friday. My Bombay needed a friend to keep her company while I'm at work; pretty sure this one's also a Bombay just based on her looks and personality (I think that might be my favorite breed). She's pretty skittish from living in a noisy home with lots of other cats, dogs and people but she's coming around. She's already in love with being pet and rubbed, just like my Susu.

20230616_204145.jpg

20230616_204212.jpg

I picked up this little thing from a foster home this past Friday. My Bombay needed a friend to keep her company while I'm at work; pretty sure this one's also a Bombay just based on her looks and personality (I think that might be my favorite breed). She's pretty skittish from living in a noisy home with lots of other cats, dogs and people but she's coming around. She's already in love with being pet and rubbed, just like my Susu.

View attachment 1716104423

View attachment 1716104424

Beautiful

View attachment 1716104423

View attachment 1716104424
black cats is best cats!

also, thanks! TIL about the bombay. my land bats are straight gatito, but they certainly possess some of those characteristics!

True Bombay cats are supposed to enjoy riding and walking on a leash.

Have you tried that?

Have you tried that?

Not really, I kind-of tried it with Susu when I first got her but I was living in an apartment complex in downtown Denver at the time and she didn't enjoy it much (noisy, lots of dogs and passers-by). I did buy a proper cat harness and leash before I left Colorado, I'll give it a shot one of these days as I now live in a much quieter area with a moderately-sized yard. When Shoori (the new cat) gets comfortable I'll try getting her trained on the leash which should be easier as she's only 1 year old while Susu is 12.

Susu is mostly indoors too. I occasionally let her outside for a bit but she is very well-behaved about it; she doesn't go far from the house and usually comes running back if I call her name. At worst if she's feeling energetic she'll mostly stay put, maybe move a few feet but still lets me come and pick her up.

One of the biggest Bombay traits she has is her meows; she is a chatterbox and makes various noises depending on the situation. When I touch her she makes a short "Brr" noise. When I pick her up she lets out a long "BrAAooww" until she's in my arms then gets quiet and starts purring lol (she'll sit in my arms with her paws over my shoulder for 10+ minutes easily). When she's bored or lonely she sits in the middle of my living room and lets out sort of a low yowl. And when she's hungry in the morning waiting for me to feed her, holy cow it's just nonstop loud drawn-out meowing. It's almost like an involuntary response; sometimes she'll meow when she's in the middle of shaking her head, it sounds so goofy and cracks me up.

Another Bombay trait is eating anxiety and easily putting on extra weight; I can't free-feed her or she'll overeat and turn into a total fatass. Really need to keep track of how much food I give her throughout the day and even then her weight still tends to fluctuate by about 0.5-1 lb.

I need this. I keep my ignition keys separate so it’s easier on my car ignition switch. I’m missing a Malibu key that is probably hidden somewhere. Lol

A0203354-5211-4CCC-A321-3F580DBEBBA9.jpeg

Have you tried that?
they both walk on leashes quite well and are okay in the car. maybe they do have some regal blood in them!

i was gonna say maybe i just trained 'em right, but we all know that's not true-- they've succeeded in training me!

Another late night rescue from my old hometown by Frankie’s Friends.

This is Scarlet! Scarlet is community cat that was found in natrona heights with severe leg injuries. She was fed and cared for by many in the neighborhood. One kind soul reached out for help when he noticed that she was severely in need of medical help. We are not sure what happened to cause these injuries….possibly hit by a car. Unfortunately this was late in the evening and we were not open. Maisy, our population manager, happened to be made aware of this kitty being in need of help. She actually lives the furthest away and had just gotten home after a full work day. Still she made the decision to make the long trip back to help! Scarlet was immediately given pain meds to make her comfortable. It was determined that she has 2 broken legs. Surgery has since been performed(there is a pin in her front leg) and Scarlet is in splints on cage rest. We are so thankful for Maisy(btw…some of you will know her as Julia ❤️but having 2 Julia’s ❤️here was confusing, so we all fondly call her Maisy) going above and beyond to get Scarlet the care she so desperately needed.

DCBCE1EF-5E5A-4F98-92C4-A2B0A097C1AC.jpeg

This little black beauty has my number. I fed her for well over a year. Pizza, wings, steak, chicken, ham, treats, clean water ever day, Meow Mix twice a day. And I just cant break her. I’ve helped her through two winters, two
Litters and she stands strong to the three foot rule. I scared off the Raccoon tonight and she ate for an hour.

DAC4F84E-CFFD-4FD4-AAB6-F5D54C89AD42.jpeg

F5B43D4A-3A10-4927-91A3-104D47ECD8ED.jpeg

3574B00A-171D-4D85-85D4-6893DAE13905.jpeg

4C0B4868-BDEF-400E-8F6C-0110C1AEE26E.jpeg

Get a humane trap, like the SPCA style. The ones at Tractor Supply are OK, but the door can smack the cat in the *** which can't be comfortable, especially since the cat is in the process of being trapped and confined.

...and the TNR that poor girl so she will stop having litters.

You could also make a drop trap. I made a real nice one out of closet maid shelving, 1x4 stock, electrical box covers, rabbit wire, and zip ties. It's about 4 foot square and has trapped six cats at a time once.
I even added a door made out of a small BBQ grill grate and U channel shelving standards.

Yay.

Out local low cost Vet/TNR place closed due to in-fighting between the founder and the board.
Too bas as like stated above- it's kitten season.
We have five plus the mom, and 3 at a colony that hasn't had a kitten in five years until someone dumped a male and someone else moved out and left two females.
...plus the discount food and litter place has between 4 and 8 in and around their property.

The next closest is 45 miles away and we have no relationship with them.

-
Back