Cat Pics

-
This is Mango.

That 501c3 org asked us if we could look after him as they were out of options.

20231123_092407.jpg

20231123_092402.jpg

As you can see, he was ate up with mange and a few other things.

The story is that someone was feeding a colony and had to move, so they were trying to round up any that could potentially be adopted.
They were unable to afford any medical attention.

He's a sweetie, and purrs a lot. Those pics are from Nov 23.
We gave him a back of the neck flea treatment that also kills ear mites and other mites including mange mites.
After about a week, the swelling started to go down and that one eye started to open.
Saturday the other eye started to open.

Now he looks more like a cat.

...and can now see where he's going.

20231209_172139.jpg

Not sure why that pic won't rotate.

Not out of the woods yet, but I'm claiming 75%.

He's also neutered, so at some point he was someone's cat.

We had our grandson over Sunday afternoon.

Uhura, the mother of the litter we are currently fostering was quite taken with him and followed him around the entire time he was here.
Funny, she's kind of a stinker and only interacts favorably with me or Mrs YY1 about 50% of the time.
The other 50% of the time we get growled at or swatted.
20231210_135304.jpg

20231209_114040.jpg

Abra, Uhu, and Valentine looking on somewhat disapprovingly, as we tend to Mr Mango.

20231209_112355.jpg

Guess I won't be napping on that couch for a bit.

Mr White, Dinky, Mr Orange.

Valley, and the girls- Goldie and Jade. those girls are getting very long.

Last edited:
20231209_173414.jpg

Willow giving me that look.

She's such a punk.

20231209_173449.jpg

Abra (catabra) and Romeo.

Romey has been living up to his name.
He and Uhu have been a bit sweet on each other as of late.
Willow is a bit jealous as previously her and he were a thing.
He also chases Dinky, but she resists, hence her new unofficial name of "Penelope Pussycat" (from "Pepe LePew").

So far, Abs has had no interest.
She did, however, figure out that treat game she's sitting on.
So far, she's the only one.

Last edited:
20231209_172847.jpg

Missy, working hard to make sure my T shirts have enough cat hair on them.

I think my wonderful five cats are the reason I'm not depressed anymore...things were a little tuff around here after my divorce, and these cats spotted that!! They came to my rescue and I owe them everything.....I really hate to say this and I'm not proud of these feelings, but I would probably break one of the 10 commandments (no. 1) over these little angels......they are so good for therapy when you are stressed and one jumps in your lap the stress leaves instantly....Magical felines

20231208_215958.jpg

20231208_220012.jpg

20231208_220032.jpg

20231208_220118.jpg

We just went to a party Sunday night, at the home of the people who run the 501c3 that we work with sometimes.

It's a pretty big 4 BR house, but they have 27 cats.

Some have special needs and/or behavior issues.

One had no eyes. One had no back feet.

About half of them came out to socialize with the dozen plus or minus guests.

All feral or abandoned.
What amazing people...that's the people I want to donate too ❤️

20220502_170935.jpg

This is Mr Vincent.

We lost Vincey last year due to thyroid issues and other complications from FIV.

However, he was at least 9 years old.

I would not put down an FIV cat unless he was a serious fighter.

I might not even put down an FeLV cat unless they were showing symptoms (extreme lethargy, or severe congestion with discharge).
They do need to be quarantined away from other cats, but we were able to get one sweet FeLV positive mother cat, Snowy (Romeo's mom) adopted through SPCA.
We provided a write-up that showcased her sweet behavior, noted she was asymptomatic, outlined what to expect (potentially short lifespan), that symptoms could appear at any time, especially with age, that she not be around other cats unless also FeLV positive and asymptomatic, etc.

She was adopted in about 2 months.

20230506_091447.jpg

Snowy.

He’s looking so much better.

View attachment 1716177159

He still doesn't look great but if you compare the before and after, it's remarkable.

He is also acting like a cat- playing with a catnip mouse, chasing a string on a stick, and wallowing around when being petted.

Mrs YY1 got him to walk around the yard on a leash.

I told her if he walks on a leash regularly, we have to consider keeping him.

Well I just dropped off another Tortie. I put an offer on Facebook that I would trap, get them fixed and treated and they could have her. One friend wanted her but she had two young kids and a dog. Not a good home for a feral. I’ll release her name and more pictures later.

IMG_0743.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg

Well my little girl Is home and all went well. She’s a little wobbly and wants some privacy so
I’ll get some better pictures tomorrow. I’ve been feeding her for close to 6months and take time naming my babies. Let me introduce “Autumn” named from her beautiful colors.

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0753.jpeg

I did it to Cleetus and he just laid there. He just don't care. lol

My wife had this one cat, Fritz, he was the most laid back cat I've ever seen...

One day I get out of the shower and have some old clothes to throw in the laundry hamper in the hall outside the bathroom... Fritz was sleeping on the lid...

I asked him to move and he didn't, so I opened the lid and threw my clothes in the hamper... He never moved, just went along for a ride...

All of the other cats (8 of them) would have jumped off when I lifted the lid...

-
Back