Cat Pics

-
No because calicos are like 99% or more hers. Him calicos are REAL rare. lol

I've never heard of a male calico... I heard they were all female...

My ex wife had a calico and a tortie... Torties are like calicos but their base color is gray, not white...

I did it to Cleetus and he just laid there. He just don't care. lol

When we were little kids, our parents adopted a black engora cat (long black fluffy fur with green eyes) from my grandma's best friend who had a farm with a barn not far from here... The cat was a kitten from one of her barn cats...

My mom insisted on giving the cat a bath because she said, "No field cat is going near my babies without getting a bath"...

Dad warned her that cat's don't like baths/water... But mom insisted on giving the cat a bath...

She put it in the utility tub in the basement and as soon as she turned on the water and it hit the cat, he jumped out of the tub, climbing up her arm with full stilletos (all claws out) and she had a sleeveless shirt on...

She then decided that, "Maybe the cat doesn't need a bath after all"...

I've never heard of a male calico... I heard they were all female...

My ex wife had a calico and a tortie... Torties are like calicos but their base color is gray, not white...
It happens, but it's extremely rare. Also, female orange tabbys are somewhat rare, but not as rare as male calicos.

It happens, but it's extremely rare. Also, female orange tabbys are somewhat rare, but not as rare as male calicos.

So does that mean the male orange tabbys are typically going to prowl for the female calicos and torties, looking for some 'bitches'???

So does that mean the male orange tabbys are typically going to prowl for the female calicos and torties, looking for some 'bitches'???
Maybe, since calicos often times have orange tabby "parts". We have two calicos and they each have an orange tabby leg.

Cat's don't care what the coloration is on a potential mate.

80% orange tabby cats are male.

99.99% calico and tortie (tortoise shell) cats are female (the X chromosome controls color- female has XX, male has XY, X can be either black or red [white, in cats is the absence of color]).

Calico's are really torties with the "white spotting gene"

The only way to get a "male" is a hermaphrodite (XXY).

Ewww.

There is also a "torbie" that is a tabby pattern over or under a tortie pattern.

Cats can have 3-4 "layers" of coloration on their hairs, and can be very different patterns.

Our Valentine is a torbie.

Again, 99.99% female.

My orange female cat sitting with me today

Wutzi.jpg

There was a female buff colored cat at the party we went to.

Dilute orange tabby female.

Pretty rare.

We fostered orange tabby female twins.

That colony had all sorts of interesting genetics.

Lots of fluffies including two lines of fluffy tuxedos.
Our Abra is from one line and Dinky is from the other.
Several "normal" tabby cats with big, fluffy black (or blue-gray) tails.
White cats with different colored eyes.
...and three Havana Browns, the rarest cat color in the world.

By contrast, the other colony we care for has "regular" cats.

Lots of all black cats.
Lots of gray tabby.
Lots of brown tabby.
Several calico and tortie.
Several orange tabby males.
A couple short hair tuxedo.
Some black and white but not full tux.
A couple solid gray.
Had one Siamese, but he has passed on.

There are those two sisters where one is a dilute tortie and the other a dilute calico.

...and they have "spare parts cat" that looks real close to the meme about the cat being the last cat built for the day and running out of parts.

When I brought in Hemi, a feral over 10 years ago my buddy say his pictures and said he’s a boy. Well he was fixed and released before I brought him in and when I took him for his first appointment they wrote female on his chart. Second check up they changed it. I should have left that vet right then.

Something else I learned last week when I took tumbleweed, a Tortie in to get fixed. The girl at Frankie’s Friend’s told me that most Torties are female, but if one is male he’s sterile.

Something else I learned last week when I took tumbleweed, a Tortie in to get fixed. The girl at Frankie’s Friend’s told me that most Torties are female, but if one is male he’s sterile.
I remember hearin' that same thing long ago. :realcrazy: genetics :realcrazy: Then you get a litter where all of the kittens are completely different markings :wtf: "How many tomcats did you party with you crazy slutty kitty?"

I remember hearin' that same thing long ago. :realcrazy: genetics :realcrazy: Then you get a litter where all of the kittens are completely different markings :wtf: "How many tomcats did you party with you crazy slutty kitty?"

I have the craziest family over here. I’m about positive that the black female that has been here well over two years was knocked up by an orange tabby. A male tiger striped cat her offspring I think knocked her up. Now it gets crazy. Two pure black kittens, three Torties, and on bigger black cat with gray tints on him. Mom is very small pure black. This is all second guessing. The big fluffy black with grey tint one.

IMG_0675.jpeg

IMG_0670.jpeg

IMG_0466.jpeg

IMG_0468.jpeg

1702392173977.png

Looks like one of my terrorist's cousins, Abi bin Hoffman
He was from the desert and definitely a terrorist, but we were unsure of his religious following. :lol:

View attachment 1716177518

Looks like one of my terrorist's cousins, Abi bin Hoffman
He was from the desert and definitely a terrorist, but we were unsure of his religious following. :lol:

I love this guy and wish I could bring him in but I just can’t. He keeps an eye on these babies like you wouldn’t believe. The only one that bapes him on the head is mom. She’s a wild one. Lol

I love this guy and wish I could bring him in but I just can’t. He keeps an eye on these babies like you wouldn’t believe. The only one that bapes him on the head is mom. She’s a wild one. Lol
Like bin Hoffman, his striping is almost symmetrical from side to side. "Let's just paint one side. Then we'll fold it in half and the paint will transfer and look great when put back into shape." :lol:

Cats can get pregnant while they are pregnant.

Often from different males.

That's because they are hermaphrodites.

The girls went home with their new humans yesterday evening.
Kinda quiet last night and this morning.
You'd think you might not notice, going from 12 cats to 10, but you do.
Uhura was kinda unsure what to do, not being harassed 60% of the time.
She tried to engage Romey, then Willow and then Dinky.
I think she finally got a full night's sleep though.

In other news, Mango's other eye was more than 50% open last night.
Super excited about that.

Ole Max Wedge is getting his nuts cut asap...he is spraying skunk spay and climbing the curtains....and howling at night like a mountain lion....wake up to stray female cats all in the yard....he has a loud mating call......lil raskel....

20231203_165442.jpg

20231203_165335.jpg

20231203_165332.jpg

Here’s three of the four I have to get fixed yet. Mom and Dad, (I think that’s Dad) and the fluffiest nicest purring machine on earth.

IMG_0768.jpeg

IMG_0767.jpeg

IMG_0766.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0764.jpeg

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0762.jpeg

IMG_0761.jpeg

Yesterday we got some good news and somewhat of a surprise.

Mango is negative for both FIV and FeLV.

...and is Ms Mango!

I managed to get a pic of the genitalia last week, and showed it to the dozen experienced "cat people" at the cat party, and everyone kinda went "huh".
Few offered a guess.
My guess played the odds and I said "neutered male".
Bzzzzzzz.

We now have officially had more orange tabby females through the house (3) than orange tabby males (2).
Totally against the odds.

-
Back