Cat Piss.

-
Most cities animal control will lend or rent a live trap. When you catch a cat, you take it and the trap to animal control/pound. You take the trap home and bait it again.
We had a problem with a flower bed under a deck. Cats found the dry dirt a great potty. Trying to plant flowers you would get your fingers in a fresh loaf. There was so much urine in there that the flowers did not grow well. In a month we trapped 30 cats. One owner went to court. The bylaw officer stated he probably wanted to know which neighbor had trapped his cat and that he would likely go pay the fine once he knew. Sure enough, he paid the fine and came over to complain to us. Said one neighbors old cat had been euthanized and the owners just thought it had been run over. Well I have never tollerated BS or bullies. Thus I calmly explained that that would not have happened if the cat was in their yard like bylaws stated. When the guy left the bylaw officer said he could not believe I stayed so calm. I had noticed he was even getting annoyed at the guy.
We had a dog and no license for her. Another officer came to our house soon after to ask if we had a dog and a license. I calmly replied I would be happy to do that only when the city required licensing cats. Never heard back on that.
The city mayor was a woman cat owner who had introduced the law requiring dogs to be licensed. She felt she had done a wonderful thing to clean up the unsightly mess of dog land mines. At least dog landmines are visible so you can avoid stepping on them.
Does not solve the odour problem which is similar to that of mice intrusion, but may solve the cat problem.
I agree pretty much 100% on all this. We have always taken responsibility for our cats. My attitude is, if one of our cats causes trouble on someone else's property, "whatever" they do up to and including dispatching of said cat is their right. It's their property and they have the right to protect it as they see fit. Georgia law even backs that up as I am sure most other states do as well.

That's why now, we don't have any outside cats. We're trying to acclimate Clyde, our latest, into the fold. So far, we're having little success, but I hope out hope. lol

Best remedy if the spray is localized and findable is to mix 1 pint of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of dish detergent or laundry detergent. This solution is an organic reagent. Search for the place/s the cat sprayed, shiny splotches with drippy marks. Wash area with the solution rinsing the rag often with fresh water. After washing saturate the area with the peroxide solution and let dry naturally. For carpets saturate the carpet deeply, let set a half hour and wet-vac the area thoroughly, repeat a few times to dilute the urine then let it dry naturally letting the peroxide do its work. The peroxide will oxidize the organic materials in the cat spray. After cleaning with the solution straight hydrogen peroxide can be poured into spots on carpets and left to soak for awhile before adding water and sucking the whole sordid mess out with a wet-vac. Upholstery can be removed from the seat frames and cleaned successfully with the above solution. So can the foam but that will take a bunch of rinses if you are up to it. If the cat spray has been in the car a considerable time the odor has permeated the hardboard door panels, carpet, glove box, padded dash, headliner, and shoddy insulation, after cleaning only time...a great deal of time, years usually... or removal and replacement of the fibrous materials will get rid of the odor. In other words, if you need the car next month you'll have to gut it out and replace everything cloth/vinyl/insulation/carpet/headliner/shoddy. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Best future defense? Keep your windows rolled up to just a 1/4 inch crack, doors and trunk closed from now on to keep the buggers out. And yes, I too support the disposition of un-collared felines found roaming about, there seems to be no end to them, my garden is full of small bones. You get a couple or three randy toms roaming about your place and all hell breaks loose with the marking, what with every female in the neighborhood joining in the "fun".
Yes I have a house cat, and I like Pepper very much indeed. She never goes outside, and when she dies I will adopt another starving orphaned kitten. The strays though have to go.

So...........back to the OP. I had a serious mouse pee problem in my Valiant, and my girlfriend had a puppy that had many an accident on the carpet at my house. I used some stuff called Urine Digester to clean it up. I got it at an industrial cleaning supply store. It may take a couple of doses, and you have to really soak the area, but it worked excellent for me.

Someone's cat got into the garage and pissed all in my Barracuda. The smell is unbearable. I'm going to pull out the seats, padding, and carpet this weekend and deep clean it. Anyone ever deal with this bullshit? What did you use? (for the cat and the piss)

I used baking soda dissolved in boiling water on cloth seats and carpet. After it dries you can vacuum the white residue. This will not work on the cat.

I found cats usually spray. Using hand sanitizer as in common Covid sanitizer removed the odor. I believe a black light will show the specific areas and concentration...

I really have mixed feeling about this. I have had parts cars stored outside around my shop that stray cats have pissed in, but.....I don't have a problem with mice. At all. I can handle the cat piss.

Flood with Club soda wet vac then rinse with water and wet vac.
You have the right idea. Any urine has a high concentration of acid and sodium bicarb (baking soda) is a neutralizer for acid. 69hemibeep has the right idea by soaking the areas with a concentration of water and baking soda. Rent a carpet shampooer with the chair attachment and go over the areas several times. If you should remove the carpet, I would just buy new and replace, but I would still use the above baking soda and water mix on the floors before installing. Sodium Bicarb can be bought at pool supplies stores in bulk at a good price. Note: Rats or mice are good at doing in your car also. Set traps around the area is best. Sorry to hear of your dilemma and the best of luck.

Best remedy if the spray is localized and findable is to mix 1 pint of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda and one teaspoon of dish detergent or laundry detergent. This solution is an organic reagent. Search for the place/s the cat sprayed, shiny splotches with drippy marks. Wash area with the solution rinsing the rag often with fresh water. After washing saturate the area with the peroxide solution and let dry naturally. For carpets saturate the carpet deeply, let set a half hour and wet-vac the area thoroughly, repeat a few times to dilute the urine then let it dry naturally letting the peroxide do its work. The peroxide will oxidize the organic materials in the cat spray. After cleaning with the solution straight hydrogen peroxide can be poured into spots on carpets and left to soak for awhile before adding water and sucking the whole sordid mess out with a wet-vac. Upholstery can be removed from the seat frames and cleaned successfully with the above solution. So can the foam but that will take a bunch of rinses if you are up to it. If the cat spray has been in the car a considerable time the odor has permeated the hardboard door panels, carpet, glove box, padded dash, headliner, and shoddy insulation, after cleaning only time...a great deal of time, years usually... or removal and replacement of the fibrous materials will get rid of the odor. In other words, if you need the car next month you'll have to gut it out and replace everything cloth/vinyl/insulation/carpet/headliner/shoddy. Sorry, that's just how it is.
Best future defense? Keep your windows rolled up to just a 1/4 inch crack, doors and trunk closed from now on to keep the buggers out. And yes, I too support the disposition of un-collared felines found roaming about, there seems to be no end to them, my garden is full of small bones. You get a couple or three randy toms roaming about your place and all hell breaks loose with the marking, what with every female in the neighborhood joining in the "fun".
Yes I have a house cat, and I like Pepper very much indeed. She never goes outside, and when she dies I will adopt another starving orphaned kitten. The strays though have to go.
Prevention is the best treatment. Had a rat once that made a nest in the heat riser tube and when I started it up it caught on fire. I was just thankful that I had ALL the windows up. Body plugs missing are another entry.

Update: I pulled the interior out, doused the carpet with enzyme pet spray, let set, then used a powerwasher to thoroughly wash. Luckily the the floor mats were the worst hit so I just chucked them. I had extra padding so replaced the spots I thought it might have soaked through. The seats are vinyl so were easy to wipe down. So far, no more smell. I see the cat on my security cameras early in the AM hanging out on my car in the driveway and patio furniture in the backyard.

Maybe a coyote will eventually get it, maybe not. Just not worth the social or legal backlash in today's bleeding heart environment to even mess with it.

My wife loves her cat but it scratches the woodwork in the house, I caught it scratching at the front door trim last night and pointed out that " it ruined the trim at the bathroom door now its destroying the trim in the living room, and I'm tired of fixing it..." the wife looked at me like I'm the bad guy...I cant see having some stupid animal destroy my house but the wife sees it different... OP I feel your pain, if I was a younger man Id throw that cat down a flight of steps,then commence to mopping up the floor with it....but I know that doesnt fix the situation:)

Someone's cat got into the garage and pissed all in my Barracuda. The smell is unbearable. I'm going to pull out the seats, padding, and carpet this weekend and deep clean it. Anyone ever deal with this bullshit? What did you use? (for the cat and the piss)
Something that has worked well for me are any of the pet urine cleaning supplies at PET stores, not grocery stores. And then follow up with some/any of the hunting scent cover sprays. They kill smells amazingly well.

Dealing with mouse piss/**** in the cuda. I've given everything except the dash and glass a wipe down with Mr Clean mixed with a bucket of warm water and then a mix of warm water and Pinesol. Haven't vacuumed yet but will do that, then I have a cam of this I'll try. Got it in a kit some cuties were selling at a gas station years ago. If that doesn't work, I'll chk pet stores and Swish, an industrial cleaning supply place near us.

20220601_212214.jpg

Damn that's a shity cat. I never hear of that as much as I do cats pissing in guitar cases and on musical equipment.

Cant you see the spray? it shines.

Buy new carpet, bleach n water area that may have gotten to the painted floor. Cloth or vinyl? Sorry to hear. My cats have never pissed in my mopars or in my garage or shop. Only time ove had one piss ...was on a dirty shirt on the floor.
I'd bill the neighbor or who's ever cat that belongs to.
Considering the OP statement, I would call it a pissy cat.
Ex brother in law used darts with a "feather" that he bent the pin over so it had a barb like a fish hook. A CO2 piston or rifle to fire them. Cat goes home with a dart attached it can not get out. Owner may need to take to a vet for removal like porcupine quills.

Considering the OP statement, I would call it a pissy cat.
Ex brother in law used darts with a "feather" that he bent the pin over so it had a barb like a fish hook. A CO2 piston or rifle to fire them. Cat goes home with a dart attached it can not get out. Owner may need to take to a vet for removal like porcupine quills.
Nah, just hold tight and pinch near as you figure its hook and pull around and out. Then go jack a hooptie and toss a couple full gas cans in the front seat...then brick the pedal and splash n flash the back seat a blaze n pull the lever to drive n watch it go through the front door of the clever hooked dart cat shooters house :)

Nah, just hold tight and pinch near as you figure its hook and pull around and out. Then go jack a hooptie and toss a couple full gas cans in the front seat...then brick the pedal and splash n flash the back seat a blaze n pull the lever to drive n watch it go through the front door of the clever hooked dart cat shooters house :)
You want a cat, keep it in your yard. You cat owners scream bloody murder if a dog leaves a cadbury on your lawn. The respect goes two ways. The dart is a message your cat is pissing someone off.

How'd I miss this thread?

I bought a scent remover from Menards' pet section and it worked awesome on a rental house.

I'd steer clear of bleach. Does bad things to steel.

You can get handheld UV flashlights at Kohl's for like ten bucks. Those backseat high school hijinks might come back to haunt you tho. But you will probably know where lil kitty left you a new problem

I didn't read all four pages, sorry if duplicate.

You want a cat, keep it in your yard. You cat owners scream bloody murder if a dog leaves a cadbury on your lawn. The respect goes two ways. The dart is a message your cat is pissing someone off.
Your brush is kinda wide there ain't it?

Your brush is kinda wide there ain't it?
I do not think so. My dog was always right by me, and any cadburies were picked up unless well off a road or trail and in tall grass. Cats come to people's yards and bury their cadbury's and piss in your flower beds and children's sand box. While burying their business in flower gardens they dig up flowers. The piss smell if in a bed by a basement window can stink things up enough to be smelled in the basement.
If the dart does not work the trap and a trip to animal control is next. After that, I guess the cat got run over. KEEP YOUR STINKING CAT IN YOUR HOUSE OR YARD!

My wife loves her cat but it scratches the woodwork in the house, I caught it scratching at the front door trim last night and pointed out that " it ruined the trim at the bathroom door now its destroying the trim in the living room, and I'm tired of fixing it..." the wife looked at me like I'm the bad guy...I cant see having some stupid animal destroy my house but the wife sees it different... OP I feel your pain, if I was a younger man Id throw that cat down a flight of steps,then commence to mopping up the floor with it....but I know that doesnt fix the situation:)
Might be time to trade her in for two twenties. Only trouble with that is you might find you are not wired for 220. Could be cheaper and less stressful in the long term.
You could try a scratching post with catnip on it.

-
Back