cavemanmoron hurt leg out of work for 3 months

-

cavemanmoron

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I was working around the house and ruptured/tore my right Quadriceps
muscle that is attached at the knee. I was lucky, only fell off a 2 step, step stool, and landed flat on my back.

A few weeks before I was up a 24 ft ladder!

I had surgery this past Monday, Oct 27 2008, and saw the Doctor yesterday,
has said the incision looks good, come back in 2 weeks to remove the 15+- staples.

The Dr. said I will be out of work about 3-4 months, and it may be longer.

My Dad asked, if I wanted to move in with him and my Step-Mom,
till I am able to move around by myself/ drive a car again. I sure am lucky to
have a loved one that lives sort of nearby, willing to help me.
{My Dad has an appointment for a pacemaker/ defrib,
to be installed Nov. 10th.}

I drive heavy equipment at work, {Front end loaders, dump trucks etc.} I have to be able to jump up, to the high bottom step on some of the
vehicles.

It is tough to even sit at the computer, as my right leg is straight out,
in a knee isolater "soft" cast.

What really makes it a bummer, is I had planned on getting some winter
snow removal overtime to help pay some bills. :(

The good news is I had gotten a loan to have a new shingled roof put on, before I got hurt, and the work is done, along with some other exterior work on my old house, before winter.

I will be slow at replying to messages, but will reply. :)

Please say a prayer for my Family.

Coulda woulda shoulda....

I feel for ya.I just had knee surgery(orthoscopic)Oct.20.I,m really surprised at how quick I was up and moving around.Keep leg up,stay off of it for a while.It,s a matter of listening to Doctor.Frozen bag of peas work great.Hope you have as quick recovery as me.Take care.

Sorry to hear about your injury caveman. Its never good to get hurt but the timing sounds extra bad for you, so my prayers are with you and your family that things dont get bad. Listen to the Dr and use heat b4 you start moving too much and ice afterwards if you can, it helped me a ton. Good luck!!!!

You'll be healthy enough for the snow removal season, just let it heal!!!

Good luck!

wow :tongue9:cavemanmoron.
Glad to hear you are not in traction or even worse neck brace.#-o
I hope and pray for a quick recovery and things get back to almost normal.
Yes you are very lucky to have loved ones ready to help out, And I will
say a few prayers for your Dads pacemaker instal [-o<
You are going to have to take it slow and easy so let it heal at its own speed
and do as the dr's say,
I had my shoulder in a sling for a long time ,Just because I would take it off and not do as the dr's said. it was the worst thing to do,:angry7: They went back in and found more nerve damage, My own fault and wish I would have listened to them.
Take care and keep us updated if you need anything caveman.:read2:
I just held my leg straight out and thought to myself, This sure would be uncomfortable and nerve raking for you.#-o

Bad deal. Sorry to hear about that. I've had a total of 4 surgeries on my right knee. TONS of fun. They gave me a lil cooler you put ice and water in. Has a motor and this bladder thing that you wrap on your knee. Turn it on.....instant bag of frozen peas lol

Hey caveman -
Take care of that knee and mind the doctor's orders. They do know what they're talking about.
I had a total knee replacement last January and found the best thing for cooling was a 3-lb. bag of unpopped popcorn. Keep it in the freezer when not in use. Holds the cold for a long time and is infinitely reuseable. Won't get soft and mushy like the peas when they defrost.

hey bud...

watch that step !

what a bummer, but with proper healing it will go fast. Good to have people that care around ya.

p.s. Hows the Imperial leaf spring sandwich holding up ;)

-RPM

Sorry man. I hope you recover completely and soon. My prayers are with you and your family.

hey bud...

watch that step !

what a bummer, but with proper healing it will go fast. Good to have people that care around ya.

p.s. Hows the Imperial leaf spring sandwich holding up ;)

-RPM

Imperial spring brackets I got from Idaho worked Great.8)

I sold the '81 Imperial a few months ago,
hope the new owner got the carb conversion done.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.

GOOD GRIEF................

My knees are throbbin' just readin' your post................

Prayers sent........Hang in there, be careful, and try not to worry.

Keep us all posted on your progress..........:cheers:

Hi folks,

I went to the Dr yesterday, he said I am healing pretty good, and can start therapy next week. It looks like
it might be around the New Year, before I can even drive a car.

I had to call work and have them put me on 1/2 pay,
so as to stretch out my sick leave, otherwise in
not too long a time, I would have used it all up,
and then had No-pay at all.

I will be staying at my Dad and Stepmoms
for a while. It sure is a bummer, being a burden to the old folks.At least I can use a walker an hobble around the house o the bathroom, dining room etc.

I had thought about selling my Valiant to pay bills,
and now the economy is so bad. :(

Lee
cavemanmoron

Pretty brutal. Had a torn acl an could not work or walk for a long time. The bill collectors didnt care. Even the medical people didnt want to fix it because I didnt have insurance. Being self employed I sold an basicly gave away alot of stuff to get through. Dont get down! You will get through it an it will make you a better person. Good luck

-
Back